Manager (Data Analytics), Financial Accounting Advisory Services
Join Financial Accounting Advisory Services within Assurance and you will assist our clients to address the accounting and financial reporting challenges facing their business. You will be part of a team that provides insight and services that accelerate analytics, decision-making and innovation to build a stronger and more efficient finance function.
You will experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because your professional development is important to us and we are fully committed to helping you realise your potential.
The Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) team works with businesses and finance teams to address the risks of accounting, financial reporting and regulatory issues. By translating data into insights around financial statements and operations, FAAS Data Analytics help clients identify unrealized and often unexpected potential, and achieve a new level of insight and performance. With FAAS Data Analytics, finance teams can make better decisions as they can understand what has happened and why, and then predict what may happen next.
Your key responsibilities
As a FAAS Data Analytics Manager, you will be a key member of the team, committed to initiating and maintaining meaningful relationships with clients and other service lines in EY. You enjoy engaging current and prospective clients because you strongly believe that they will benefit from our inputs as finance and accounting advisors. Leveraging off our pool of consultants and resources, you will manage the project teams to ensure the successful delivery of services to our clients.
Skills and attributes for success
- Manage the execution of data analytics projects to help clients solve business problems, drive value, and gain strategy and insight from information.
- Critically analyse and review the use of advanced data analysis techniques that leverage technology to process large volumes of data, and perform complex computations in a scalable, reproducible and automated manner.
- As a key member of a team, manage the implementation of integrated enterprise-wide reporting solutions for data transformation and delivery.
- Perform data analytics to help solve business challenges and achieve data automation, reconciliation, traceability, lineage and transparency.
- Use data analytics to provide actionable, timely and accurate data to drive business insights around customer, regulatory risk, compliance, operations and finance, rationalizing and/or maximizing the existing data infrastructure to achieve greater return on investment.
- Manage and motivate teams with diverse skills and backgrounds.
- Consistently deliver quality client services by monitoring progress
- Demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge
- Maintain long-term client relationships and networks
- Cultivate business development opportunities.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A degree, preferably in Computer Science, Data Science, Economics, Econometrics, Engineering, Physics, Statistics, (Applied) Mathematics or Actuarial Sciences.
- Minimum 6 years of professional experience.
- Familiar with data sourcing, data capture, data transformation and data preparation techniques.
- Knowledge of databases, Extract-Transform-Load, and hands on experience / theoretical knowledge in SQL including writing stored procedures and data extraction / manipulation using queries.
- Knowledge of visualization tools like Tableau, Spotfire, Qlikview, etc.
- Working knowledge of core financial processes (e.g. purchase to pay, order to cash) and related risks and controls, and/or experience working on finance-related systems implementation projects.
- Solution-oriented with “go-getter” personality.
- Willing to try new ways to solve old problems.
- Able to motivate and develop team members.
- Confident, independent and adaptable.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Strong organizational, project management and analytical skills.
Ideally, you also have
- Previous experience in Data Analytics consulting, managing a diverse client portfolio.
- Good understanding of, and practical experience with, analytical techniques and tools for predictive analytics (SAS, Enterprise Miner, Modeler, R, Python).
- Working knowledge of the process flows, underlying data structures and configuration of major ERP systems (e.g. Oracle, SAP, Peoplesoft, Dynamics).
- Experience with BluePrism, Automation Anywhere and/or UI Path.
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you will be a confident leader equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you will be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we will make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.