Senior Financial Reporting Accountant
At Smith+Nephew, global medical technology company, we design and make technology that takes the limits off living, and we help healthcare professionals achieve the same goal. Together we improve life, while also improving performance. This formed the basis for our purpose, #LifeUnlimited, and our culture pillars of Care, Collaboration and Courage.
Care means that we show empathy and understanding for each other, our customers and patients.
Collaboration means we work together as a team, based on mutual trust and respect.
Courage is about continuous learning, innovation and accountability.
Currently we are looking for someone to join our Wrocław’s centre on position of:
Senior Financial Reporting Accountant
Fixed Term Contract till 31.12.2021 with possible extension
Finance Operations provides financial oversight, transactional process delivery and financial reporting for the business. The Senior Financial Reporting Accountant supports the delivery of high quality, timely reporting for group, management and statutory purposes. The role is responsible for ensuring compliance with external financial reporting requirements including IFRS and local statutory laws & regulations. This role will be responsible for problem solving and recommending solutions to the Financial Controller for technical and judgemental transactions to ensure the Business Unit aligns to internal polices & controls and the relevant external accounting and statutory frameworks. This role needs to be proactively engaged to interpret and apply changes in local statutory accounting rules or other laws & regulations applicable to the local Business unit. The Senior Financial Reporting Accountant will also provide support for statutory and tax compliance activities for the markets they are accountable and ensure that all R2R activities are executed in accordance with S&N MAP and SOx control frameworks. This will include monitoring and optimisation of activities currently performed, review and approval of all relevant Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs and identification and migration of further activities as appropriate.
- Ensure that transactions are documented, in compliance with group standards (including the Minimum Acceptable Practices) and, where relevant, Sarbanes Oxley requirements
- Responsible for high quality, timely reporting for group and statutory purposes and providing ad-hoc analysis and decision support to the business
- Participation in the annual Budgeting and quarterly Forecasting cycles utilising Hyperion (SNHFM) and SAP or MS AX
- Accountable for balance sheet integrity and reconciliations, to safeguard assets and to ensure the optimal use of resources across the business; and to ensure that any ageing of balances is fully investigated and resolved
- Support and implement continuous improvement initiatives e.g. process standardisation and business efficiencies, with the aim to lower cost, improve service and reduce compliance risk
- Supervise the Reporting Accountants and completion of annual objective / appraisal performance process
- Build and maintain a strong working relationship with the transactional accounting teams
- Manage the requests from external and internal auditors, other advisors and relevant country Authorities
- In combination with the Finance Controller, monitor, assess and implement changes to comply with external reporting and accounting requirements
- Assess and implement changes to comply with internal changes to the business or S&N accounting environment
education - Degree level qualification & Professional qualification
licenses / certifications - Professional accounting qualification, i.e ACA / ACCA / CPA /CA /CMA or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years post qualified experience, either in global accounting practice or in industry
- Fluency in English
- Strong technical accounting knowledge and have working knowledge, expertise and experience in reporting under IFRS
- Experience of supervising teams and strong inter-personal skills
- Demonstrates experience in analysing financial data, drawing sound conclusions and developing proposals/solutions
- Must be able to demonstrate a track record of success in working with diverse stakeholders
- Must have the ability to assess, react quickly and decisively to problems, taking tough decisions where needed or escalating issues as appropriate
experience nice to have
- Relevant industry experience advantageous, ideally in Medical Devices or Pharmaceuticals
- Candidates with past experience in one of the following roles would be desirable - Commercial Accounting, Legal Entity Reporting (including production and delivery of the accounts consolidation processes and complex transactions and associated accounting), Supply Chain Accounting (standard costs, variances, internal sales)
- Experience of SAP / Hyperion / TM1 / Cognos
- Experience of working in a large / listed entity
- Working knowledge and application of SOX control frameworks
- Experience of transition and transformation to an offshore Captive or BPO Transactional Finance operation
at Smith+Nephew we offer:
- private health care | multisport card | life insurance
- subsidies for trainings | postgraduate studies
- train the trainer program | mentoring program
- annual bonus | company stock saving plan | recognition program
- subsidized meals and fruit | integration parties
- possibility of working remotely | flexible working hours
- relaxation zones in the modern workplace
For more information and to apply, please visit our website via the apply button below.