Head of External Reporting
So, what is the job? This role will be a key member of the Accounting & Reporting team and will report directly into the Director of Financial Control. Is this a leadership role? Sure is! You will be responsible for the Group's external reporting, working alongside the Financial Controllers who are responsible for internal reporting.
So, who's the client?! One of the UK's leading independent energy technology company and suppliers, serving over two million customers with intelligent energy services.
You're thinking 'oh, just another generic energy company'? Well, you'd be wrong.
What started as an idea is now no longer simply an energy retail business: it is a group of innovative, dynamic companies, all striving to harness technological advances with great customer propositions to create more abundant renewable energy for everyone.
- Managing the External Group Reporting timetable, working closely with internal stakeholders to deliver on-time and accurate submissions to 3rd parties
- Being the Group's go-to IFRS Accounting Lead
- Lead the Group's Statutory Account requirements, with responsibility for Group consolidation and ensuring all entities are filed on time and accurately
- Responsibility for developing Group reporting capability, managing and empowering a small team
- Ofgem Finance Representative
- Communicating with clarity the requirements and timings of reporting to senior stakeholders, actively managing meeting deadlines
- Work with the wider finance team to integrate financial reporting, driving efficiency through standardisation and automation
A diligent professional with a preference for attention to detail, and be willing to dig and investigate at depth to resolve problems:
- A qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA or ACCA) with at least 5 years PQE
- Experience of multi-entity IFRS consolidation, and a real interest in getting under the skin of the accounting requirements
- Experience of managing multiple Funding (debt and equity) stakeholder requirements, including covenant reporting
- Experience working with ERP systems, preferably Workday
- Comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment and who is comfortable proposing, justifying, initiating and implementing change
- Team player - good open communicator and collaborator - keeps colleagues up-to-date, shares and learns without prompting
- An annual discretionary bonus
- 4% of your salary to spend on flexible lifestyle benefits
- 5% matched employer contribution to your pension
- 25 days holiday + 1 for your birthday
- Working from home with occasional travel to both London and regional office