Senior Financial Accountant
Senior Financial Accountant
Are you are looking for an exciting opportunity as the Senior Financial Accountant, in an organisation that combines both charitable impact and a significant technical accounting?
Our client is the largest wildlife conservation organisation in Europe with over one million members. They speak out for birds and wildlife, tackling the problems that threaten our environment.
Position: Senior Financial Accountant
Location: Currently the role will be homebased, however it will eventually be based from Sandy, Bedfordshire
Salary: £34,643 to £38,632 per annum
Hours: Full time. permanent
Benefits: Flexible working, 26 Days Annual Leave, Free access to our reserves, up to 20% discount off retail items in our shops. Free access to a confidential Employee Assistance programme that provides support and advice around financial, physical and mental health wellbeing. A substantial Learning and Development offer.
Closing date: 30 November 2020
About the role:
Reporting to the Financial Controller the role of Senior Financial Accountant has responsibility for all aspects of the organisation's financial accounting function to assist in the delivery of an effective and compliant service to support the Financial Controller.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Prepare annual financial statements (including the other entities) co-ordinating input from a team of finance professionals
- Liaison with external and internal auditors
- Cash flow budget, forecast and control
- Manage all VAT tax payments and internal advice, maintaining compliance
- Manage the investment portfolio with support from professional advisers
- Manage the gift aid process, ensuring compliance with HMRC rules
- Support of the establishment and maintenance of a framework of accounting policies and internal financial controls and provide practical advice and interpretation consistent with these policies and controls
The successful candidate will be a fully qualified accountant, with proven experience as a financial accountant and up to date technical knowledge, looking for their next step.
You will be a supportive and solution based leader, with excellent communication skills and be proficient at leading change and continuous improvement, with the ability to influence at all levels for your function. You will have advanced knowledge of MS Excel and accounting software. You will also have the support of the Assistant Financial Accountant.
Other roles you may have experience of could include: Financial Accountant, Qualified Accountant, Senior Management Accountant, Accountant ?/ Semi-Senior Accountant, Senior Finance Manager, Senior Financial Controller, Senior Group Accountant, ACA/ACCA/CIMA, etc.