Our client is a well-known financial services business with a global presence. Locally they are a medium sized organisation with a finance team of five people.
Led by a friendly and charismatic Head of Finance, the team is welcoming, collaborative and talented. During 2020 they have driven through numerous process improvement initiatives and continuously strive to find smarter ways to get things done.
Based in the heart of Sydney’s CBD in modern offices, they are currently on the lookout for a talented Financial Accountant that wants to work in a fast-paced environment on an initial 18 month contract.
Your role as Financial Accountant will be broad whilst working in a collaborative manner with your team. Duties will include (not limited to):
- Supporting month end closing and reporting including reviewing postings from the Junior Accountant, IFRS 16 lease accounting and KPI Reporting
- Tax compliance including monthly BAS, annual corporate income tax return and FBT
- Preparing quarterly and yearly variance analysis and commentary
- General ledger account reconciliation
- Assisting with SOX compliance
- Assisting with budget preparation
- Supporting the half year and year-end closing, audit and statutory accounts preparation
- Involvement in ad-hoc projects as and when required
In order to be considered for this Financial Accountant role you must meet the following criteria:
- Professionally qualified as an Accountant (e.g. CA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA or equivalent)
- Have a ‘can-do’ attitude and a willingness to take on a broad role coupled with excellent attention to detail
- Significant prior month end close experience
- Tax compliance knowledge including monthly BAS, annual corporate income tax returns and FBT
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Prior experience with SOX is an advantage however is not a pre-requisite.
If you are keen to apply for this Financial Accountant role, please contact Patrick Ashton at Richard Lloyd on 02 8324 5645, quoting reference 5916 or click on 'apply now' below.
Please submit your CV in Word format and note that due to the high volume of responses we receive only suitable candidates will be contacted.