Mumbai, CERT - Associate/ Senior Associate
Job Function: Centralized Exception Reporting Team (CERT)
Department: Morgan Stanley Fund Services
Designation: Associate/Senior Associate
Position Description: Associate/Sr. Associate will validate prices of the securities in the clients (hedge fund) portfolio as well as perform various reconciliations to ensure the client NAV is correct. Along with this, he will also be responsible for reviewing other documents for e.g. –Audit confirms etc.Morgan Stanley Fund Services (MSFS), a wholly owned subsidiary of Morgan Stanley, provides fund administration services to World’s leading hedge funds. MSFS has offices in New York, London, Hong Kong, Dublin, Mumbai, Bangalore and Glasgow.
Overview of the functions performed by CERT : -
- Daily & Month-end pricing checks – To provide client with correct valuations for its investment portfolio across various financial products like equities, options, swaps, CDS etc. To verify and compare valuations against various feeds received from NASDAQ, NYSE, Bloomberg etc. and highlight issues in cases of discrepancy.
- Daily & Month-end cash and positions reconciliations - As a fund administrator, we have to reconcile all positions & cash balances across various financial products in the client’s portfolio with the counterparty statements and report exceptions. While performing the reconciliation we have to keep in mind the products specific features. Knowledge on corporate actions and accounting entries will be required in the reconciliation process.
- Review of Audit Confirmations – Performing review of standard MSFS confirmation which is released to investors’ auditor providing the Investors’ holding for the audit period
- To ensure portfolio has been valued as per the client’s offering memorandum and highlight exceptions in case of discrepancy.
- To ensure that all exceptions in the CERT processes are highlighted or escalated, if required, to the appropriate level.
- Update and coordinate with the Accounting team about the status of pricing and reconciliation on real time basis
- All daily/monthly deliverables to be achieved by the defined deadline and escalate in case of delay
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.