Manager – FID Counterparty Risk
DescriptionGlobal Markets Group is the offshoring arm of Morgan Stanley’s Sales & Trading businesses in India. It covers functions across FID and Institutional Equities Division (IED) ranging from those associated with sales, trading, analytics, strats to risk management.
Morgan Stanley trades all fixed-income assets with embedded credit in a variety of areas, from municipal securities, to investment-grade and high-yield bond and credit derivatives trading. In addition, Morgan Stanley structures, underwrites and trades the full range of collateralized securities, including those backed by residential and commercial mortgages, in both the cash and derivatives markets.
Morgan Stanley is a global dealer in interest rate and currency products, including interest rate cash and derivatives providing primary and secondary liquidity, foreign exchange options for institutions and family offices, and the development of sophisticated investment and trading strategies for emerging-markets sovereign countries.
The Fixed Income Division is comprised of Interest Rate and Currency Products, Credit Products and Distribution. Professionals in the Division assess and actively manage risk, trade securities, and structure as well as execute innovative transactions in the fast-paced and constantly changing global markets. The Commodities Division is a market leader across a broad range of commodities markets, with expertise in areas including client risk management, financing solutions and investor products Sales & Trading.
Our dedicated global team, with demonstrated leadership in risk management, monitors and manages risk through a combination of statistical analytical tools and stress tests. We use a combined top-down and bottom-up holistic approach to create the most comprehensive margin policies, taking into account portfolio correlations and shifts as well as incorporating sensitivities to hedges.
Primary Responsibilities -
- Perform Initial Margin Calculation for all FI products as well as Commodities and Repos.
- Be point of contact to explain Initial Margin calculation to both internal stakeholders (Sales & Trading).
- Provide oversight of the daily margin call dispute investigations and decide when to escalate to Management.
- Provide oversight of the daily settlement fails investigations and decide when to escalate to Management.
- Actively track the daily stress loss calculations and investigate material changes.
- Participate in Live trade approval processes & forums.
- Participate in client on-boarding committees.
- Assist in methodology and research related to risk models (e.g. VAR, HiSim).
- Represent the team in cross-functional working groups, and engage in extensive project work.
- Leading projects related to new initiatives, report enhancements, etc. and independently drive these initiatives.
- Ad Hoc risk analysis in response to market events, or in response to client related developments.
- Create, analyze and review the daily risk reports, Monthly/Semi-Annual Risk Packs.
- Mentoring and providing guidance to Risk analysts in reference to projects and problem solving.
- Identifying opportunities for process efficiencies and implementing corresponding solutions within the team (local as well as regional).
- Establishing cordial relationships and work closely with the global/regional stakeholders.
- Engineering graduates from reputed institutes or MBA (Finance Full-time).
- Master’s Degree at Financial Engineering (or similar quantitative subject) / FRM / CFA.
- 4-8 years’ of experience in the Financial Industry, with strong focus on Market/Counterparty Risk Management.
- Relevant experience in either of Market Risk / Credit Risk Analytics, Structuring, Strat, Valuation Adjustment.
- Expert knowledge of Fixed Income products, with a specialization in Interest rates.
- Knowledge of Excel and Programming languages (Either of SQL, Python, R, etc.)
- Able to work effectively as an individual contributor.
- Experience of building models for trading/risk management would be a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office and related applications (Excel Pivots/Lookups/Functions, PowerPoint).
- Strong work ethic.
- Willing and eager to learn and work with different teams and divisions of the Firm.
- Strong motivation, be a self-starter with a positive outlook and desire to solve problems.
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to understand complex workflows.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with ability to clearly articulate objectives, requirements, risks and issues to senior management and other stakeholders.
- Ability to identify and escalate issues effectively and appropriately.
- Strong project management skills.
- Good organizational skills and high degree of attention to detail.
- Proven ability to take ideas forward and to challenge others with integrity and maturity.
- Enthusiasm to volunteer or lead planning and organizing events held by the department and firm.