Special Purpose Entities: Global Process Management, AVP # 159036
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse.
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards
The role sits at a strategic level within the financial reporting and consolidation function. The SPE team is responsible to monitor and control the approval process of all special purpose entities (SPE) of Credit Suisse and their quarterly governance. Additionally the SPE team owns the disclosure of the USGAAP Non-Consolidated Variable Interest Entities filed in the financial- statements of Credit Suisse Group.
An integral part of the SPE team is to provide excellent service to global clients in Front Office through proactive approach within a dynamic environment.
This role is the team lead role of SPE AMER team at AVP level. The role includes leading 3 employees.
- Manage the AMER SPE approval process, ensuring all entities in scope of the policy are recorded, approved, and receive accounting treatment in EnterpriseD prior to entity formation/deal execution.
- Establish and build positive relationships with Front Office, Product Control, Accounting Policy, Financial Accounting, and other relevant support functions.
- Train front and back office on the Bank’s entity policy, EnterpriseD and SPE related accounting issues.
- Manage the AMER quarterly certification and accounting reassessment processes with Front office sponsors, Product Control and Accounting Policy.
- Handle the quarterly disclosure process for non-consolidated VIE disclosure for AMER region. This includes requesting, aggregating and analysis exposure and total asset numbers for non-consolidated SPEs
- Update the information (entity status, documents, contacts, accounting treatment, etc.) for AMER entities in EnterpriseD based on quarterly certification feedback and based on Front Office change notifications.
- Handle the processes based on SOX controls, further develop the SOX controls based on process changes. Support the testing team during SOX control testing.
- Handle the monthly scoping process for US GAAP impairment scoping based on EnterpriseD.
- Drive the IT enhancements for EnterpriseD system together with IT department, prepare requirements for IT, plan and execute testing.
- Drive the process changes in the AMER SPE team based on changing business and based on new regulatory requirements, including IT changes.
- Deal with internal and external audit, as well as any regulator requests.
- Lead and develop a team of 3 employees, lead the recruitment, onboarding and training of new employees.
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work
- Chartered Accountant with experience in Financial Services
- Strong communication skills
- Strong process governance skills
- Experience in team management
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Strong negotiating and issue resolution skills
- Proactive, motivated, flexible and team-orientated
- Ability to work under pressure and experience on IT/operational improvement projects
- Familiarity with Transfer of financial assets (FAS 166), Consolidation of variable interest entities (FAS 167) will be a plus but not required
- Result oriented, dedicated, hardworking and can work on own initiative whilst also working collaboratively and deliver on time with a high level of integrity, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.