IFS - Finance - Country Finance Senior Officer - Senior Associate - Egypt
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & Summary
A career in Finance, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help PwC in all aspects of our Finance internal function including financial planning and reporting, data analysis, and assisting leadership with overall strategy. You’ll focus on recording and analysing financial transactions, paying and receiving invoices, maintaining financial statement ledger accounts, and preparing analysis and reconciliations of bills to detect fraud.
The country finance support forms a key team within the OneFinance community for PwC ME. The team is responsible for all day to day
finance operations in country and for the smooth running of finance requirements for countries.
The Job Holder is a key member of the team, responsible for the day to day support and administration required. Responsible for performing
accounting work according to PwC Approved accounting principles, established procedures, departmental guidelines, and regulatory
requirements applicable to the work.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for daily finance tasks arising locally in country including country finance processing requirements
- Custodian of country finances including reconciliation and reporting
- Supporting the finance manager overseeing the country, providing task management / support as required
- Ensure all country finance matters are addressed and promptly responded to Customer
- Support the on-time and accurate finance requirements of the country (CSP / COO)
- Coordinate with the finance manager for monthly closing of accounts and finalizing monthly accounts
- Respond to ad-hoc requests in a timely manner
- Prepare standardised reports or summaries, and other documentation required for the function and as directed by the Finance Manager
Learning & Growth
- Adhere to policies and procedures
- Act as a key resource and liaison to other functional areas of the business, building cross-functional relationships as needed
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- College level education with a focus in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
- Certification in the related field is a plus such as CMA, CIA, CPA, MBA or DepIFRS.
- Fluency in spoken and written English with excellent communication skills, proficiency in Arabic is an advantage
- 4+ years of accounting experience
- Strong financial, analytical and accounting skills
- Good level of accuracy to a high level of detail
- Good calculation and analytical skills
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Good organisation and office management skills to ensure coverage of workload
- Organization, thoroughness, eye for detail, time management skills and proactivity needed
- Capability to work well in a team
- Skilled in maintaining client relationships
- Good liaison skills, with the ability to maintain geographical relationships
- Good customer service skills
- Good decision making skills
- Strong work ethic
- Ethical Conduct
Travel Requirements 0%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship? Yes
Government Clearance Required? Yes
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.