Institutional Securities Group Data Control Analyst / Associate
- To work with some of the best professionals in the business - for a firm that values individual intellect as much as teamwork
- State-of-the-art offices in the City Centre that are designed to maximize collaboration
- Flexible working arrangements (core hours and opportunity to work from home)
- Enriching challenges that provide opportunity for constant learning and advancement
- An environment which is leveraging technology to its highest potential
Team Profile:We are the Cross-Divisional Governance (CDG) group within the Institutional Securities Group (ISG) management function. CDG is responsible for managing several governance processes across ISG, including: Model Control, Data Governance, Trader Mandate, Booking Model, and Trading Risk Limit Governance. As an in-business risk management team, we partner with our business stakeholders, as well as the technology groups and independent control functions to understand business needs and their associated risks, execute on practical solutions, and maintain a global governance, communication, and awareness strategy that underscores a culture of control excellence. Our team has a global presence with members located in New York, London, Budapest, Montreal, and Hong Kong.
You will have: (responsibilities)You will be working in the ISG Data Office responsible for working with Sales and Trading, Investment Banking, Capital Markets, Research and Technology’s Data Center of Excellence in ensuring the Division’s compliance with the Firm’s data policies. As an Analyst or Associate in this role, you will focus on:
- Identifying, tracking and reporting on significant data remediation projects
- Becoming a subject matter expert in the Firm’s data management tools, cataloguing key data information and training others in the use of these tools
- Working with stakeholders to ensure that key data elements underlying remediation projects are in compliance with data policy
- Manage administrative tasks related to the ISG Data Governance Committee
You have: (must-have skills)
The ideal candidate is self-motivated with a strong desire to learn and excel, demonstrates excellent communication skills, is an analytical thinker with an aptitude to dependably solve problems and has relevant experience within the financial services industry. Specifically you have:
- Relevant industry experience (includes consulting)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, confidence to present to senior management, ability to balance various initiatives and deadlines simultaneously
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, verbally and in writing, with business and technology stakeholders
- Sound analytical and critical thinking skills to solve problems independently
- Sensitivity to detail and accuracy in everyday work
- Initiative and ability to facilitate communication within and across different functions
- A proven track record with delivering solutions in a timely and accurate manner
- Proficiency with desktop applications (Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Minimum education requirement is a bachelor’s degree
You might also have: (nice to have skills)
- Knowledge of regulatory environment impacting data governance issues including data security
- Knowledge of industry forums/models for data governance
- Understanding of the sales & trading business and associated products and processes
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services.
At Morgan Stanley Budapest, we are shaping the future of our global business and contributing to our local community. Our team works across numerous areas, including Technology, Mathematical Modeling, Finance, Risk Management, Operations and Data & Analytics from our new state-of-the-art offices near the Danube and our City Gate office in the heart of the city center.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.