Controller HR Accounting
Corporate Finance – HR Accounting - Corporate Controller – Associate
Firmwide Controllers is a global organization of approximately 1,500 colleagues. Working together, our strengths and resources enable us to ensure the integrity of the JPMorgan Chase consolidated books and records and the results of individual legal entities within the Firm. The controllership function is focused on ensuring and improving the organization's credibility through accounting, financial controls, systems and reporting.The team is responsible for financial and operational GL accounting activities, internal controls, and financial reporting for the Corporate LOBs (ex CIO, Treasury and Private Equity), as well as centrally managed Firm-wide GL accounting activities.
The individual will primarily be responsible for payroll accounting activities, associated analysis and general ledger reconciliation.
- General Ledger bookings/Oversight of monthly GL processes
- Compensation expense analytics and reporting to internal stakeholders
- Functional HR & Payroll Balance Sheet analytics and reporting
- Balance Sheet Reconciliation and Substantiation
- Interaction with key stakeholders: HR teams, Corporate functional teams, LOB Controllers, Finance, Legal Entity Controllers, Tax, External vendors/business partners, internal/external audit groups, and others
- Foreign exchange exposure review and reporting
- Participation in Control related activities – SOX, Risk & Control Self-Assessment
- Detailed understanding and documentation of all activities.
- Relevant experience required in GL accounting/finance-related areas
- Part or Fully qualified accountant
- US GAAP accounting knowledge
- Structured mind-set with process/continuous improvement orientation
- Proven ability to work well with various partners and customers
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and financial skills with a track record of execution against deliverables;
- Creative self-starter with strong initiative, ability to take ownership and work independently as well as contribute to the broader team
- Ability to multi-task and succeed in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, multi-national language skills preferable, but not required;
- Experience preferred with automated financial systems, database management, worksheet-modelling tools (Excel).
- Previous payroll accounting experience desirable
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.