Audit Assistant Manager, Assurance, EY, Belfast
In Assurance our aim is to provide accounting solutions and peace of mind to our clients. Through our skills and experience we give companies, investors and regulators confidence in financial statements, business critical information or processes. Assurance is our largest service line you will work in highest performing teams serving our clients locally and globally working both in the office and off-site at client premises.
Our audit team work with many of the world’s leading and fastest growing companies and to whom we provide the best available ongoing personal and professional development.
We provide a consistent audit by assembling the right multi-disciplinary team to address the most complex issues, using a proven global methodology and deploying the latest, high quality auditing tools and perspectives. And because we understand that, to achieve your potential, you need a tailored service as much as a consistent methodology, we work to give you the benefit of our deep sector knowledge, our full subject matter knowledge and the latest insights from our work worldwide.
Your key responsibilities
- Organise and oversee the planning, execution and completion of audits, accounting and other assignments
- Responsible for planning and managing assignments allotted to them for compliance with all technical requirements including:
- Final technical review at all stages and for raising with partners all pertinent issues.
- Reviewing and approving for partner’s signature all financial statements, opinions and reports and other deliverable documents for clients
- Ensuring management letters are constructive, commercially aware and demonstrate the firm’s interest in the client’s business.
- Obtaining consultation from experts on complex issues
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel and assess client satisfaction.
- Use your knowledge to sift through large amounts of information and pinpoint key issues and risks.
- Take responsibility for actions and outcomes, handling issues with minimal guidance.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of complex accounting and auditing concepts and apply them to client situations.
- Take responsibility for enhancing the firm's knowledge, by contributing all best practices and lessons learned into our global knowledge systems.
- Use technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team members and enhance service delivery. Encourage an open exchange of ideas and opinions among peers.
- Demonstrate the value of the team's work by keeping the client up-to-date, and explaining issues, approaches and solutions. Help colleagues understand the broader picture of technical, ethical and financial needs.
- Involve clients when planning and preparing work/ assignments and treat them as key members of the team, helping them to understand the policies (firm or regulatory) that impact on their business.
- Demonstrate a reasonable knowledge of an industry or sector. Apply new developments in the industry in simple client situations, drawing from research and benchmark data.
- Demonstrate the ability to use technical knowledge to customize the application of our methodologies in a way that meets client issues specifically related to industry / sector context.
- Develop plans that recognise project or engagement risk and meet external and internal standards. Anticipate and identify risks, and escalate to the appropriate management level.
Skills and attributes for success
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.