GBS Order to Cash - Cash Application Manager (18 Month Contract)
Weekly Hours: 39
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we create products and experiences people once couldn’t have imagined — and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, a career with Apple might be your dream job… Just be prepared to dream big! Apple has been operating in Cork since 1980. We have grown to over 5000 employees, serving our customers through a wide range of critical business functions, which are key to Apple’s continued success. Teamwork is important at Apple, and every day you will connect with and be supported by your peers and colleagues at one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world. As an individual, you will have responsibility for contributing to our continued success and be a key player within your job function. We support and promote career development throughout the organisation, offering a long and exciting career with many opportunities to enable you to perfect your existing skills - and acquire new ones. The successful candidate will become a member of the wider Finance team at Apple. With over 300 employees from a multitude of backgrounds, the Finance department in Cork supports all functions of Apple in EMEIA, including Sales Fulfilment, Logistics, Manufacturing and Operations, Apple Music and Apple Retail as well as being part of the Global Business Solution (GBS) function. Order to Cash (O2C) is a team of over 70 people that supports Apple’s revenue generation and related cash collection across its varied lines of business – AMP, Retail, Online Store & B2B. The EMEIA Order to Cash team has counterparts in three other GBS locations Austin, Singapore & Shanghai. The Order to Cash team is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated manager to deliver timely, relevant, and accurate data to a variety of stakeholders and decision makers in order to drive continual improvements. This is a key role in a dynamic environment with the potential for the role to develop further with additional responsibilities in line with business requirements.
Key QualificationsAbility to build strong partnership with key business stakeholders and work cross functionallyAbility to identify and drive sustained process improvement, automation, solving complex problemsExcellent communication skills with strong organisation, multi-tasking and prioritising skillsBe a self-starter who is motivated, innovative and ambitiousThrive working in a fast-paced environment and show flexibility in dealing with evolving situations.Demonstrated technical and analytical skills. SAP or equivalent ERP system experience requiredExperience building high-performing teams and a track record of successfully leading and developing people is desirable.
Responsible for the overall operation of the Cash Applications team with emphasis on the following:
- Ensure timely, accurate, and comprehensive reconciliation, reporting, and accounting for payments received
- Lead and implement major, complex projects with substantial impact to the organisation, paying particular attention to the requirements for scalability and control
- Ensure company finance policies, Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, banking, tax and legal requirements are followed. Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, controls and systems to ensure company policies are implemented, transactions are properly accounted for, and reports are generated/analysed on a timely basis
- Identify areas for improvement and drive solutions focusing on driving global standardisation and best practices across the Cash Applications team
- Foster a Customer First culture that ensures delivery of timely and quality services to both internal and external customers.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external groups. Partner with those groups on the development, modification, and execution of company policies
Education & Experience
- Qualified accountant or equivalent third level qualification
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.