Tax IT Project Lead
We currently have an opening for an experienced IT projects lead to join one of our Finance Process Owner teams. Finance Process Owner (PO) teams play critical role in World Class Finance change. They are driving E2E thinking sitting at the heart of digital transformation. It is particularly important in Tax area, as both compliance processes, MIT (Manage Indirect Tax) & MDT (Manage Direct Tax) are highly dependent on transnational and financial data generated by Group businesses and Finance processes.
The Tax IT Project Lead role is critical to Tax Product Owner team success. As a Technical Lead of Low-Cost Automation Team successful candidate will contribute to achieving expected level of strategic digitalization, ensuring agile response to rapidly changing external requirements, delivering tax compliance transformational automation and clearing the path towards new generation of operations.
- Support delivery of the Tax Compliance Digital Vision and projects such as LCA (Low Cost Automation) and RPA (Robotics Process Automation) by identifying, proposing and providing for execution by LCA lead automations in tax process
- Support MI with data analytics/visualization, non-EUC tools development to enhance reporting and ensure introduction of best practices and insights from external benchmarking on tools and methodologies into more meaningful and impactful MI,
- provide input from GRA team (Governance, Risk & Assurance) & IT on incidents impacting process performance.
- Support various stakeholders with other tax IT related projects
- Lead VBA Network in Tax and coordinate provision of IT trainings in cooperation with IT & Process Architects, etc
- Share process learnings and best practices across tax community
- Provide expertise and support for systems and tools used in end-to-end Tax Compliance Process
- Coordinate technical issues resolution with IT support and other stakeholders
- Ensure timely response to user IT queries and issues and efficient management of those cross process/organizational boundaries
- Own, maintain and ensure compliance for global inventory of LCA solutions
- Full system development life cycle hands-on experience: analysis, designing, coding, testing, performance tuning and documentation;
- Practical knowledge of MS Excel & Access
- Excellent programming and database skills – at least 3 years’ of business experience in Microsoft technologies, such as Excel/Access, VB/VBA, SharePoint, Power Apps, Azure, MS SQL Server
- Excellent understanding of relational databases, including practical use of SQL & PL/SQL
- ERP systems knowledge (SAP knowledge is preferable)
- Ability to work with multiple sources of data to identify links between them and come up with pracitical solutions for automated integration
- Be familiar with multiple project delivery methodologies (Prince2, PMP, PDF, Agile, DMAIC, SCRUM) and have practical experience in at least one of them
- Posses highly analytical skills
- Experience and comfort in working within international environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (ability to discuss and explain complex topics in a manner most relevant to and geared toward the audience addressed)
- Good understanding of finance processes would be beneficial
- Fluent English is a must
DisclaimerPlease note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.