FID Counterparty Risk - VP
The Fixed Income Division is comprised of Interest Rate and Currency Products, Credit Products and Distribution. Professionals in the Division assess and actively manage risk, trade securities, and structure as well as execute innovative transactions in the fast-paced and constantly changing global markets. The Commodities Division is a market leader across a broad range of commodities markets, with expertise in areas including client risk management, financing solutions and investor products Sales & Trading
From the largest global institutions to innovative new hedge funds, investors come to Morgan Stanley for sales, trading, and market-making services in almost every type of financial instruments including stocks, bonds, derivatives, foreign exchange, and commodities. Our professionals provide liquidity and content to clients around the world, actively assessing and managing risk, trading securities, and planning and executing transactions in the fast-changing markets. As the needs of our clients become increasingly complex, we often develop customized solutions.
Global Markets Group is the offshoring arm of Morgan Stanley’s Sales & Trading businesses in India. It covers functions across FID and Institutional Equities Division (IED) ranging from those associated with sales, trading, analytics, strats to risk management.
The candidate will work closely with the rest of the team but is expected to be comfortable to lead tasks independently, including the following:
- Perform Initial Margin Calculation for all FI products as well as Commodities and Repos
- Be point of contact to explain Initial Margin calculation to both internal stakeholders (Sales & Trading) as well as hedge fund clients
- Provide oversight of the daily margin call dispute investigations and decide when to escalate to Management
- Provide oversight of the daily settlement fails investigations and decide when to escalate to Management
- Actively track the daily stress loss calculations and oversee the part of the team investigating material changes.
- Participate in LIVE trade approval processes & forums
- Participate in client on-boarding committees
- Assist in methodology and research related to risk models (e.g. VAR, HiSim)
- Represent the Business Unit Risk Management at cross-functional working groups, and engage in extensive project work.
- Ad Hoc risk analysis in response to market events, or in response to client related developments
- Master’s Degree at Financial Engineering (or similar quantitative subject) (at 1st class – 2.1 may be considered)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Structuring, Strat, XVA or Credit Risk / Market Risk Analytics team
- Expert knowledge of Fixed Income products with a specialisation in Interest rates
- Strong work ethic
- Experience of building models for trading and risk management.
- Knowledge of Excel and SQL. Knowledge of programming languages (e.g. Python) is a plus.
- Willing and eager to learn and work with different teams and divisions of the Firm
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.