Cash and Banking Assistant Manager- Treasury
As part of the Global Treasury Operations team, the Cash and Banking Assistant Manager will assist in the delivery of the pre-existing Cash and Banking strategy in collaboration with BAT’s global transformation agenda.
The Cash & Banking Assistant Manager will:
- support the ongoing improvements in cash management processes and ensure the team adhere to the internal controls. They will be key in liaising with other teams to ensure that issues and outstanding items are clearly communicated and resolved, aiding migration of the management of Cash and Banking services to Global Business Shared Services.
- work closely with all business units and banking partners globally to analyze and implement effective cash management and digital solutions to meet the diverse needs within the company.
The successful candidate must demonstrate:
- an understanding of both common payment and collection practices, as well as emerging trends and solutions
- an ability to efficiently navigate banking relationships to gather the appropriate resources to fulfill unique requirements in a fast-changing environment
- flexibility and proactivity in resolving challenges and acting on opportunities. For example, expedited account opening and last minute bank withdrawals / changes in regulation
- experience in ensuring company policies are followed and understanding appropriate controls that should be in place.
- Support in the drive for continued Treasury improvement
- Contribute to the strategic direction of Treasury and input into the long-term Finance strategy at a Group, Regional, Operations and End Market level
- Assist any initiative that comes following management input to the treasury/banking technology strategy within the context of the prevailing technology, Treasury needs and banking infrastructure disaster recovery. Specifically, but not limited to the following areas:
- Receivables: Assist Cash and Banking Manager to deliver a clear strategy and guidelines to optimise receivables, considering all business requirements, and taking into consideration the ongoing and dynamic technology changes in this area, including e/m – Commerce and Retail.
- Payables: Assist Cash and Banking Manager to deliver a clear strategy and guidelines regarding payment methods and solutions covering traditional commercial P2P routes (Directs, Indirects and Merchandising / Trade), T&E and eCommerce.
- KYC / Bank Communication / Account and Fee Management: Assist Cash and Banking Manager to deliver optimisation in conjunction with bank partners and service providers through process / technology enablers
- Identify and raise issues with potential significant business impact in respect of the Group, Regional, Operations or End Markets.
- Commercial Enablement
- Manage Request for Proposal (RFP) and various systems implementation projects across regions and globally covering transactional banking solutions, including coordination with internal and external technology partners where applicable
- Evaluate bank products and services to improve cash movement and collection as well as improve operating efficiencies and controls. Negotiate bank and service fees, if applicable
- Engagement and partnering
- Proactively develop and maintain working relationships with Global, End Market, Regional and Operations Finance Managers, Tax, Legal, Accounting and IDT / GBS team members to ensure Treasury guidelines and policies, on-going activities and best practices are shared and enabled across the business
- Maintain relationships between all banking service and banking solution providers. This includes the control and maintenance of opening and closing process and procedures with a full understanding of the use of common and pooled accounts.
- Maximise engagement with all relevant stakeholders particularly in relation to Cash and Banking to ensure delivery of expected quality standards in treasury matters
- Contribute as a key Treasury expert in Global and Regional projects. Work with Cash and Banking Manager to identify and promote opportunities to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of Cash and Banking and help facilitate the necessary change process, within respective areas of expertise
- Contribute to ongoing knowledge transfer to Global Business Shared Service Functions
- Operational Administration
- Responsible for multiple online banking systems and the processes related to governing and administering access
- Proficient in MS Office
- Experience with Treasury management systems such as SAP and TIS, and various online banking systems
- Significant cash management experience in a demanding finance environment
- Experience of Treasury operations and processes
- University degree
- Excellent English (spoken and written)
- Acknowledged and proven leadership skills, specifically in managing inter-departmental and inter-subsidiary relations
- Acknowledged and proven oral and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- CIMA / ACCA or AMCT Treasury qualification (desired)
- Self-driven, and motivated to achieve objectives and targets
- Asks questions and is interested in the impact of their role upon their immediate area of responsibility
- Project management experience in a global environment
- Takes responsibility to ensure that own work is correct, and able to plan and prioritise workload effectively
- Delivers innovative solutions – participates in discussions to formulate alternative ways of working
- Embraces change and supports the team and business with change
- Displays openness and co-operation
- Works effectively as part of a team to set and achieve goals
- Strong interpersonal skills needed to deal effectively with people at all levels of the organisation
- Strong analytical and financial skills
For more information and to apply, please visit our website via the apply button below.