Lease Audit Technician
The Lease Audit Technician will maintain compliant lease financial records for assigned region, including: desktop audit and payment of shared common area maintenance, tax, and insurance expense. This position will monitor and dispute increases and inaccuracies for expense control, while serving as point of contact for common area maintenance–related inquiries from landlords, former property owners, tenants, and team members within assigned region. Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for auditing and payment of property bills within an assigned region.
- Verify Landlord statements with financial information within Real Estate software by checking rents, monthly expenses, year–end reconciliations and estimate reconciliations against statement.
- Research past due and credit balances on Landlord statements and resolve to prevent interest and lease default.
- Perform desk top audit by reviewing and calculating common area maintenance, tax, and insurance reconciliations with Lease responsibility and dispute or process for payment.
- Prepare and send Lease default correspondence to Landlords, track for response, and work with Corporate Counsel for recourse.Skills and Qualifications
- Some college or vocational training with emphasis on business or accounting and/or equivalent work experience.
- Three or more years of clerical, computer, office organization experience, book keeping, accounting, or customer service experience.
- Computer friendly with data entry skills.
- Must possess organizational, attention to detail skills and be able to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Ability to proofread and compare numbers for accuracy.
- Must have good customer service skills, typing, phones, and knowledge of general office equipment.BenefitsAll full time team members are eligible for a benefits package that is designed to offer convenience and security to our team members and their families. Programs, resources and benefit eligibility varies based on employment status, average hours worked, location and length of service. For detailed benefits info, please click here.