This is a permanent role with a business based in Bristol, however the role will be working from home with occasional travel to the office.
Our client is a leading international business with a growing finance team in Bristol. Due to business growth, they are now recruiting for an Assistant Accountant to join them on a permanent basis
The Assistant Accountant will be responsible for;
- Liaison with internal stake holders
- Detailed review of transactional details
- Intercompany invoice calculation, processing and review
- Production and assistance with intercompany processing in different currencies
- Assistance with agreement of loans, intercompany debtors, intercompany creditors for top companies (P&L and BS) and review of balances
- Accounting and reconciling month end trial balances, P&L and BS before review, for top companies within tight deadlines
- Production of the quarterly Management charges
- Assist in the preparation and filing of VAT returns
- Reconciliation of period end VAT control accounts to filed returns
- Working with country Management Accountants to clear reconciling items on the control accounts.
- Assistance with arranging payment of VAT and CIT liabilities
- Assistance in providing in-house training on VAT matters
The successful Assistant Accountant will ideally be AAT qualified or at the early stages of ACCA/CIMA and it is essential to have experience in VAT preparation.
A salary of up to £26,000 + study support for a relevant accountancy qualification is on offer to the successful candidate