Director - Finance
- Prepare the fund placement plan / schedule as per requirement and approved budget
- Prepare monthly and quarterly work plans in accordance with the finance overall operational plan
- Update plans in accordance with field requirement and other factors in the planning cycle.
- Execute and explain the current govt. Tax and VAT policies
- Develop and use chart of accounts for the financial management
- Plan and execute automated computerized accounting system.
- Supervision, monitoring and implementation
- Allocate responsibilities to finance team members in accordance with financial requirement.
- Ensure that staff are used to full capacity and have an opportunity to develop capacity and learn new skills.
- Ensure full execution of internal control system for monitoring
- Ensure partner organizations are adhering to standard accounting policies and procedures
- Conduct financial monitoring of projects and ensure that expenditures are made in line with the budget allocation.
- Monitor ongoing financial activities and optimum outputs.
- Ensure payment to the vendor/ supplier maintaining all relevant approve documents
- Ensure procurement is made as per approved budget
- Provide appropriate and supportive feedback to staff in light of accounting rules and policies.
- Provide weekly/monthly written financial updates to Chief Executive
- Ensure staffs are getting their eligible benefits on time
- Monitor reporting timeline and ensure sending report on time
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reports as per assign format.
- Conduct audit on certain interval and ensure smooth functioning of finance activities
- Revision of budget as per need
- Conduct budget variance analysis on a regular basis and report to Chief Executive of any deviation
- Coordination with stakeholders
- Maintain professional relations with donors and other stakeholders, local
- Government officials and project staff members
- Keep liaison with bank and ensure their appropriate support to the projects.
- Capacity building initiatives
- Finance staff capacity building training need assessment and planning
- Provide on the job training regarding field observation and requirement
- Provide training to finance staffs and field managers on petty cash management and reporting
- Conduct Performance appraisal of the finance staff.
- Ensure delivery of funds to different project
- Take necessary arrangement to deliver the required fund to different projects
- Ensure regular fund flow and make sure its accounts are maintaining properly.
- Arrange good planning with the program personal to use of the delivered fund in the field of operations.
- Monitor the fund transfer and ensue its delivery schedule
- Introduce systems that make sure the acknowledgement of the fund in the field timely.
- Budget Planning and Budgetary Control
- Prepare organizational budget yearly basis and project budget regularly.
- Keep budgetary control of all projects and head office expenses.
- Prepare FD-6 of NGOAB as and when required.
- Conduct frequent field visit to support and ensure the quality of finance work.
- Conduct field visit to partner's financial implications, and field offices as per schedule
- Ensure that bill voucher is accurately approved and provide payment in time.
- Ensure that each project is properly preparing their monthly / quarterly fund requirement and using the same.
- Ensure that record keeping and reporting are maintained properly by all offices.
- Ensure that field managers are well known about the payment policy and some financial rules.
- Comply policies of donors and Light House
- Ensure that all Finance related polices of donor as outline in the project proposal and project agreement is complying accordingly.
- Ensure transparent transactions are made and required documents are in place
- Any deviation will brought to the notice of the management for necessary guidance and suggestion
- Problem Solving Ability
- Identify problems through discussion with finance colleagues, visits observation and participating in activities.
- Able to find out the root causes of problem and solve problems sharing with the program and finance personal.
- Able to respond any query of donor.
- Bring notice of the Chief Executive any issues which cannot be addressed.
- Director Finance has to be maintain vertical and horizontal relationship with other staff members of this project team; he is also responsible to represent the financial report to the EC, donor and other stakeholder.
- Perform other activities according to the organization's need
- Additional reports as required.
- Arrange to conduct yearly audit
- Introduce financial information system (FIS) with the concern persons.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly report and present to Chief Executive and Executive Committee regularly.
- Master of Commerce (MCom) in Accounting or Finance
- Masters in Accounting or Finance from any recognized university.
- CA-CC / FCA / FCMA from any recognized body will be preferred.
- At least 12 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):
Administrative, Advisor/ Consultant, Monitoring, Research, Supervision
- The applicants should have experience in the following business area(s):
NGO, Research Organization
- Age at least 40 years
- Both males and females are allowed to apply
- At least 12 years relevant work experience in the senior position.
- Working in International NGO/ different Donor organization would be preferred
- Director Finance is responsible to finance staff's duties and tasks as outlined above.
- Ensure that staffs are risk free in performing their duties.
- Make sure the cash transition / remittance are in safe.
- Guide field Managers for safety of petty cash
- This position requires highly experience in finance field particularly working with national/ international NGOs
- Properly maintain the fund management
- Able to prepare the accurate cash forecast, monitor the compliance the partners cash forecast and advice accordingly if require
- Make sure the payment to the vendor/ supplier maintaining all relevant approve documents.
- Ensuring the budgetary control make sure the financial expenditure analysis and the budget variances.
- Able to prepare weekly /monthly /quarterly reports as per need.
- Director Finance may need to work during weekend or after office hour based on organization's need
- Tk. 120000 - 150000 (Monthly)