OTC Document Negotiator / Risk Manager
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Fixed Income Division (FID) is comprised of Interest Rate and Currency Products, Credit Products and Distribution. Professionals in the Division assess and actively manage risk, trade securities, and structure as well as execute innovative transactions in the fast-paced and constantly changing global markets. The Commodities Division is a market leader across a broad range of commodities markets, with expertise in areas including client risk management, financing solutions and investor products Sales & Trading.
Business Unit Risk Management (“BURM”) is a 1st line team within FID which covers a number of risk areas, including Non-Market Risk (Operational Risk), Counterparty Risk, Conduct Risk and Contract Negotiations.
Morgan Stanley is looking to recruit an OTC Document Negotiator / Risk Manager to join the team in London.
- Identifying necessary documentation for the clients to trade securities or OTC derivatives and perform related due diligence scans
- Handling client negotiations and any related projects to ensure timely execution and completion of various master agreements such as ISDA, GMRA and ancillary document
- Liaising with internal stakeholders in Credit, Risk Management, Legal and Sales regarding documentation terms;
- Understanding and adhering to established procedures, operating governance frameworks
- Reviewing and signing off on contractual terms from a counterpart risk perspective for the OTC Derivatives Business
- Reviewing margin provisions, collateral terms and handling client disputes
- Ensuring that terms are compliant with the risk approvals, business intention and capable of being captured in the internal systems
- Supervising the work of junior colleagues
Skills required (essential)
- Experience in legal/negotiator roles with respect to derivatives, including related sign processes and regulations
- Drafting and negotiating legal documentation (included master agreements, amendments and ancillary documents)
- Experience in risk management and in operating risk governance frameworks
- Strong motivation, be a self-starter with a positive outlook and desire to solve problems
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to understand complex workflows
- Excellent communication and people skills with an ability to speak to senior management and to articulate and escalate issues effectively and appropriately
- Ability to set, track, achieve and report on short/long term goals and projects
- Proven ability to take ideas forward and to challenge others with integrity and maturity
- Proficiency in MS Office and related applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Bachelor’s Degree (required)
- Law Degree (preferred)
- Fluency in written and spoken French and/or German is a plus
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.