Semi Senior/ Senior Accountant
Semi Senior Accountant. Min ACCA/ ACA affiliate
TaxAssist Accountants Southall
£28,000 - £32,000 a year + Benefits (depending on relevant skills and experience)
TaxAssist Accountants is a multi-award-winning franchise which has been operating successfully since 1995. TaxAssist Accountants prides itself on being at the forefront of the changes facing the accounting industry, leading the way to ensure our accounting practices are the first choice for small business services and dedicating ourselves to help our accountants build a successful, profitable and future proof ‘one stop shop’ business.
With a network of more than 330 highly visible high street shops and offices across the UK, our accountants are ideally placed to take advantage of the opportunities that change is bringing.
TaxAssist Accountants has risen to 21st in the latest Accountancy Age Top 50 Firms Survey 2019. TaxAssist Accountants entered the Top 50 back in 2010 as the UK's 34th largest firm.
Our Mission Statement
At TaxAssist Accountants we wish to deliver an unrivalled Accountancy and Tax Service to small business operators across the UK. By establishing and reinforcing the TaxAssist Accountants core values we aim to become the leading business service of its kind, representing a visible and recognisable brand; known for the cornerstone of value-for-money and service.
TaxAssist Accountants Southall
We have recently acquired TaxAssist Franchise and are operating over 12 months. The practice will be undergoing rapid growth and is seeking the services of a Semi Senior/ Senior accountant to assist with the increase in client numbers.
You will work with industry leading technologies, competent and motivated colleagues and have access to the TaxAssist Support Centre for a broad range of support services and training courses.
We are looking for someone with a bright, energetic and can-do personality, service focused, wanting to assist small business owners with the issues facing them. You must be able to converse confidently and competently with a complete variety of small business owners who will be your clients. You will be computer literate and comfortable with the internet.
The ability to think quickly, with initiative is very important. You must be trustworthy, honest, good at problem solving, be motivated and patient, with great attention to detail and the ability to multitask.
You should be able to work alone with motivation and initiative and able to manage a small team, performing well with others. A dynamic and resourceful attitude would be a good fit in this environment.
You should be willing to adopt to the new culture and work in teams. You are also expected to have the positive attitude towards clients and your colleagues. You will be working towards the growth of the business and learning the skills to find services out of existing client work.
You are also expected to have a good corporate presence and have that eye for detail that may enable you to grow to Manager level.
As a Semi Senior/ Senior Accountant, you will work closely with the Partner and your role will include but not be limited to the following duties:
- Onboarding new clients
- Selling the firms software and accounting solutions
- Finding additional services out of existing clients work
- Preparation and submission of Statutory Accounts for Limited Companies, Partnerships and Sole Traders.
- Assisting in book-keeping and VAT preparation where necessary.
- Preparation and submission of Corporation Tax, Partnership, Sole Proprietor and Self-Assessment Personal Tax returns.
- Liaise with clients to provide advice and support via telephone and email.
- Attending and dealing with client meetings on site when required.
- Coordinating work schedules and ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Reviewing support staff output and ensuring an error free environment.
- Preparing and managing junior staff work and be able to assist in their training
- Be able to manage the office and the shop front and take responsibility of the work assigned.
To be considered for the position, we are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- At least 3 years’ experience within an Accountancy Practice and overall 5 years professional experience.
- Minimum requirement ACCA Member or ACCA affiliate waiting to have their experience signed off.
- Good organisational and people skills.
- Experience with cloud-based accounting packages.
- Ability to prioritise work and manage staff to meet deadlines.
- Business advisory and ability to extract services out of existing work.
- Postgraduate degree
Auto enrollment pension scheme
Flexible working hours
Professional office environment on a busy High Street