IFS - Risk & Quality - Risk & Quality and Independence Consultant - Associate - Lebanon
DescriptionAt PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & SummaryA career in Risk Management, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to advance and foster integrity based decision making and conduct by PwC professionals throughout our organisation. You’ll focus on promoting and monitoring compliance with applicable external laws and regulations as well as internal policies and procedures to help manage PwC’s regulatory, litigation, and reputational risk.
Our Risk and Quality team identifies and assists internal teams to mitigate and control client engagement risks. As part of the team, you’ll provide advice to business teams within PwC on sound contract provisions, standards and approaches in accordance with PwC policies, principles and standards.
Delivering distinctive quality is a central part of what PwC stands for and a fundamental element of what clients, regulators and other stakeholders expect of a market leader in professional services. As a fast growing firm and in line with our vision to be the largest and best professional services firm in the region, it is critical that quality and risk be proactively managed, by ensuring that we achieve Operational Excellence in all aspects of Quality, Risk Management, Compliance and Independence; both to protect and enhance the PwC brand and to enable the growth of PwC’s service offerings.
This is a full time opportunity to work with the Middle East Risk & Quality team in Beirut. It is an opportunity for a talented, self-motivated individual to develop his/her skill set in PwC Middle East and the global PwC network, working with a dedicated team across a wide range of issues.
- Executing various background checks by running on-going screening of clients and suppliers to manage risks related to client and engagement acceptance.
- Reporting adverse check results and global/local conflicts of interest.
- Implementing processes and checks to ensure management of conflicts of interest.
- Monitoring the timely completion of of mandatory client and engagement risk assessment processes.
- Handling risk management queries received from the various client engagement teams across the ME.
- Identifying, assessing and evaluating violations related to confidentiality breaches.
- Assisting in monitoring of completion of mandatory training and other compliance tasks.
- Assisting in and being part of ME risk management processes to comply with changes made to PwC Network and/or ME local policies.
The candidate will be achievement oriented with the ability to be flexible and adaptive on a daily basis.
They will be able to work independently and as part of a team with high energy and at a fast pace that will translate into a high quality output.
- Fresh Graduate with Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in relevant subject areas (such as Risk Management, Finance, Business administration, audit).
- Demonstrate ability to build relationships, work across multinational teams and with a wide variety of individuals at different levels – from senior partners to staff.
- Strong interest and passion for PwC and looking to further develop him/herself and his/her PwC network.
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise workload whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written). Fluent in English but multilingual Arabic speaker preferable.
- Demonstrates analytical skills.
- Driven with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Personal gravitas and ethical behavior.
- Seeking opportunities for improvement, automation and efficiency gains.
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship? Yes
Government Clearance Required? Yes
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.