Senior Accountant #156287
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse.
- A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards.
- Work in the Group Finance department for Credit Suisse Holdings (Americas) Inc. which is the parent company of all significant US entities
- Focus on preparation of disclosures and reporting of significant financial data to the global consolidation team in Zurich, Switzerland
- Prepare and review financial information and prepare disclosures under US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP)
- Be given the rare opportunity to learn in detail about various products and processes in the Investment Bank, including Repos, Derivatives, and Trading inventory
- Have the chance to work with various teams in a truly global environment, including Product Control, Operations, Tax, IT, Auditors and Front Office
- Be control- and have an ability to efficiently work with both internal and external auditors as required
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
- BA or higher in Accounting or Finance
- CPA preferred with equivalent experience of 4+ years’ in an accounting function. Auditing experience in a recognized firm will be preferred!
- Do you possess outstanding analytical skills?
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills, including ability to conveniently present to management
- Build and manage strong working relationships with a variety of departments across the organization including senior management within Group Finance
- Proven initiative with a strong ability to learn, and to multi-task while meeting tight time frame
- Work in a team and independently
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications is required!
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.