Liquidity Risk Auditor #160337
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse.
At Credit Suisse, we’re proud that Internal Audit is seen as a compelling voice encouraging confidence in the ability of the Bank to deliver its strategy. Our Auditors build and maintain direct and lasting relationships with the Bank’s leadership. They are actively consulted for their independent advice and insights to encourage positive change. Reflecting the Bank’s entrepreneurial spirit, our global Internal Audit function is also innovating; we are recognized as owning the industry in new technologies, data analytics, and the latest training techniques, to ensure that both people and platforms are outstanding.
A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards
An outstanding platform to improve your potential in a successful diverse and broad team. Do you want to feed your curiosity? To complete our audit team in New York or Raleigh we are seeking to recruit an experienced Auditor with Liquidity risk experience.
- Opportunity to learn state of the art audit methodologies
- A substantial position for an experienced audit supervisor/manager with responsibility for the conduct of audits related to liquidity/ funding risks. In addition, you would be given the opportunity to participate in audits across all of the Bank’s business divisions.
- Manage a portfolio of audits, demonstrating an ability to effectively prioritize completing dedications to ensure delivery against agreed timeframes.
- Demonstrate effective risk awareness in order to ensure an appropriately targeted audit approach and emphasis of work performed.
- Effectively oversee and motivate audit teams, providing necessary oversight and mentorship to ensure the audit is completed against significant targets (e.g. budget, fieldwork timing, and report clearance).
- Identify key issues affecting businesses under review, coordinating and cooperating with management practical recommendations and responses for the mitigation of associated risks. Identify potential solutions by exploring and analyzing diverse alternatives.
- Monitor the progress and resolution of exceptional audit recommendations.
- Demonstrate the ability to actively manage the department's relationship with key business partners through maintaining lines of communication, delivering on communicated timeframes and cultivating interaction with the business
- Lead coverage with the external auditors, ensuring that each party is not only aware of the other's work but also well briefed on areas of concern.
- Build expertise for specific areas within the Bank, rapidly growing personal and departmental awareness through dedicated ongoing monitoring and contribution during audits, and participation in various meeting forums and training sessions. Ensure appropriate department focus on the highest risks.
- Maintain subject matter expertise regarding liquidity and funding, including standard methodologies, new and upcoming regulations and key control processes.
- Together with the Head of Audit develop and execute a program of continuous risk and performance monitoring.
- Participation in the Bank’s related working groups of key initiatives.
- Benefit from significant investments in your career development via our Audit Academy
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in liquidity management experience gained working in Audit, Risk or a Treasury function of a globally operating bank. Experience in consulting/auditing B3 rules (e.g. NSFR, LCR) and recovery and resolution planning would be desired.
- Excellent academic record.
- Knowledge of liquidity risk management and key - metrics is a requirement, additional knowledge, for example, interest rate risk in the banking book and intraday management would be an advantage.
- Exposure to risk-based audit methodologies within Financial Services.
- Detailed understanding of liquidity and funding frameworks and product knowledge in IB and Treasury products.
- Understanding in risk/audit issues and control matters is a plus!
- Strong communication skills and experience in liaising across departments and teams.
- Ability to operate autonomously, to drive a project / task forward and produce an end state product that can be presented to senior management with minimal required revision.
- Ability to present risk concepts and issues in a simple and concise way to diverse organizations.
- Hardworking, result oriented with the ability to learn in a fast paced environment.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.