Global Payroll Accountant #160513
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse.
A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards
As a member of the Global Payroll Accounting team, your responsibilities would include:
- Perform monthly GL account reconciliations for payroll related balance sheet accounts
- Coordinate with country Payroll Operations teams to clear outstanding items and make manual month-end adjustments to clear breaks in the accounts in a timely manner
- Assess payroll bank account activity including ACH rejections, deletions, and reversals, booking the necessary entries and performing the monthly bank reconciliations
- Provide data and documentation to PwC and other auditors and respond to their inquiries
- Document the status of the accounts in the GL tool, specifically outlining the breaks and potential P&L impact
- Journalize payroll activity for respective countries as needed
- Book the various currency transactions as a result of the annual bonus cycle
- Advise the country payroll teams on proper GL accounts when establishing new earnings
- Engage in projects related to payroll accounting, including the account analysis, and onboard new countries
- Build standardized reconciliation processes for Global Payroll Accounting, to be used to transition country payroll accounting activities
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
- Possess bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or 2-5 years payroll account reconciliation experience
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft financials and detailed understanding of Payroll, Benefits and HR business processes and flows
- Understanding of HR/Payroll application preferably ADP Enterprise or Peoplesoft
- Proficient Microsoft skills including MS Excel, MS Word, and MS Outlook is a plus!
- Demonstrate ability to take initiative and work independently
- Strong written and verbal communication and customer service skills
- Hardworking, result oriented with the ability to learn in a fast paced environment. organizational skills
- Outstanding analytical skills with solid attention to detail
- Great teammate with phenomenal interpersonal and problem solving skills
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.