Ld Anlyst, Fin Plan & Analy
Finance Chief Data Office establishes the data governance framework across Finance. The team partners with the Data Strategy, MIS Solutions and Digital groups to execute the data and reporting disciplines. We supports data consumers to drive data quality across Finance functions, including accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, CFO teams and corporate treasury. We aim to provide transparency of our data asset and actively manage the asset to contribute to the fulfilment of regulatory requirements and creation of operational efficiency. The CDO function plays a critical role in the transformation of the organization by connecting data, technology, processes, reporting and controls.
Operations plays an important role around applications reporting and security This position will play a key role in the transition from traditional reporting to a more dynamic, real-time analytics environment ensuring a foundation to deliver information to internal consumers at all levels in the organization.
- Expected to understand finance data flow model and multiple systems used for sourcing the data.
- Developing innovative reporting capabilities to perform highly complex historical or predictive analyses to support end to end processes within Finance.
- Lead the technical approach and delivery of complex financial analytics and reporting in support of multiple assigned lines of business, legal entities, corporate functions, or geographies.
- Identifies financial strategy needs, and partners with the customer and/or functional leaders to ensure needs are met
- Improving the control environment through technology capabilities
- Develops and implements process improvements to team efficiency and effectiveness, ensuring consistently high service delivery standards
- Provides guidance to less experienced team members as needed. May lead projects and/or analyses
- Assist in performing root cause analysis for data quality errors, research and determine scope and complexity of issues and identify the steps for remediation
- Coordinate remediation with relevant teams (Sources, Technology, Business, Finance, etc.)
- Determine business impact level for the data quality and MIS report issues.
- Quantify materiality for proper escalations
- Assist in the analysis of customizing and enhancing power BI dashboards based on stakeholder requests
- Monitor the Finance CDO mailbox and direct the mailbox as the Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for data quality issues and data requests across Finance
- Monitor and create Jira’s based on various operational issues.
- Assign the data quality issues and requests to proper data analysts and data modelers on the CDO team
- Report and monitor the progress of remediation and MIS reports across Finance.
- Experience Competency with some leading data profiling tools (such as SQL, BI tools, etc.)
- Provide inputs, actively host and participate in user forums for faster issue resolutions
- The staff member will be expected to cultivate relationships with staff or contractors in: Technology, Data Strategy, Data Operations, Finance and Corporate Treasury to ensure efficient identification, collection, and use of data along with the management of the associated data governances processes.
- Participates in daily security provisioning operations for finance applications. Possesses a firm understanding of the end to end security request and provisioning process for all applications aligned to the work
Skills & Experience
- 4-6 + years of total work experience preferred
- Self-starter – Should drive change on their own with minimal direction needed
- Experience with finance data set and process: Balance Sheet, P&L, Consolidations, Client Product Profitability, liquidity analytics and reporting, interest rate risk management, asset-liability management, regulatory reporting, is strongly preferred.
- Superb communication skills - Strong written and oral communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Confident and calm demeanor with ability to perform under pressure and handle difficult situations
- Advanced Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
- Basic SQL knowledge preferred
- Experience with leading reporting tools required (such as Power BI, QlikView, Tableau, Alteryx, OLAP tools (IBM TM1, Essbase, Analysis Service) Cognos, SharePoint, etc.)
- Knowledge of the structuring of data environments and applications that use big data processes is a preferred.
- Experience in Data Analysis, Data Architecture and/or Data Warehousing; preferably in a shared or enterprise data environment.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.