FRI Applications Product Owner
Firmwide Finance Business Architecture – FRI UI/UX Product Owner (Business Analyst) – Associate
A key objective of the Business Architecture Team is to manage the delivery of large scale infrastructure programs and business process change management events to ensure accurate, complete and consistent data is readily available for both internal financial reporting and external regulatory reporting purposes, consumed by both LOB stakeholders and corporate groups.
One of the top priorities across Global Finance, Credit Risk and Liquidity is to evolve the organization to a more integrated data and reporting strategy – one that is globally consistent and usable for business, finance, risk and regulatory requirements.
As a member of the Business Architecture Team, you will work closely with Line of Business stakeholders, data Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), Consumers and technology teams across Finance, Credit Risk & Treasury and the various Program Management teams.
The Business Architecture UI/UX team is responsible for evolving existing suite of analytics tools on the Finance Aggregation Store (FRI) platform to interact with data and gain deep insights that are easy to use and intuitive and develop tools that are flexible to use across reporting domains, easy to integrate, and drive automation of manual processes. The product owner’s primary responsibility will managing and building analytics and user facing tools on FRI. The Finance Aggregation Store (FRI) is a new firm-wide platform, which sources, aggregates and translates data into regulatory, external, and internal reports and schedules across all lines of business.
As part of the Business Architecture UI/UX team you will have a variety of responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- End to end product ownership including understanding customer needs and translating into technical requirements, managing a backlog and ensure high value changes are prioritized, and supporting the development and testing process
- Understand current and target state system flows and metadata for traditional credit and trading related products
- Execute data extraction and compilation, detailed analysis, data summarization and presentations highlighting potential issues and recommending actions to senior project leads and other team members
- Work with lines of business to understand their products, how data is captured, and how to strategically source data into FRI
- Work with consumers to understand what data they need and for what purpose
- In partnership with Implementation leads, Release managers, Project managers and other data SMEs understand various Lines of Business and asset class data and source system flows and complexities as it relates to the Finance and Risk applications and infrastructure
- Work in an Agile framework to write business requirements (in the form of user stories) to enhance the data and/or toolsets within FRI.
- Prioritize the backlog of user stories for delivery, based on alignment to the schedule deployment plan
- Engage with development teams to ensure business needs are translated into appropriate technical specifications, and acceptance criteria is met
- Perform user acceptance testing and form an opinion about the overall data quality impact pertaining to each change
- Other ad-hoc requests as assigned
- Bachelors' degree required
- 3-5 years of related experience (financial services and/or regulatory reporting is a plus)
- Experience building analytics and user facing applications
- Experience with understanding and testing large quantities of data across multiple products
- Experience with Agile delivery and the JIRA tool a plus
- Ability to quickly learn and assimilate business and technical knowledge
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with ability to tailor messaging to various audiences
- Ability to lead and influence and build strong relationships with partner teams
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple streams of work concurrently
- Must be detail oriented, highly responsible and able to work with tight deadlines
- Strong team-orientation and leadership skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; sound judgment with a risk mindset
- Overall strong desktop skills with particular emphasis in Excel
- Strong skills interacting with data including using SQL to query
- Experience in planning, coordinating, and delivering results across multiple teams and interdependencies
- Ability to lead, influence and build strong relationships with people and teams at varying levels across the organization
- Knowledge and experience of traditional credit (Loans, Deposits, Cash) and trading products (Derivatives and Securities) a plus
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.