Senior Fund Accounting Manager, AVP
Who we are looking for
The Client Group Manager is a key position within State Street Bank, it requires taking responsibility for the servicing of a number of client relationships. The CGM has direct responsibility for the fund groups servicing the clients that are each headed by an Account Manager. The position of CGM therefore requires an attention to both staff management and client service. The CGM should be experienced in managing transitions and implementing new technology. The position will require from the candidate as well close cooperation with top management, ability to execute company strategy and translation of corporate goals to staff.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of International Fund Services (IFS), acquired by State Street in July 2002. IFS, also known as Alternative Investment Solutions is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Senior Fund Accounting Manager you will:
- Communicate Effectively, Build and Maintain Key Relationships with clients, colleagues and business partners.
- Focus on Clients and Results while as well Ensure that Accuracy and Quality are maintained at a high level
- Provide Vision and Direction to the staff, Increase the Operating Performance and productivity of the client group
- Serve as a source of technical information to assist clients with Product Types & structures as well as Compliance and Basic regulatory issues
- Prepare annual budget inputs as requested, Control status report, KPI Reporting in collaboration with counterparts in other sites
- Keep current on procedures/systems changes and ensure incorporation into group procedures
- Actively work towards increasing efficiency/productivity year on year for each client
- Manage extra client/donor site requests and ensure the Operating Model remains appropriate
- Prepare documentation for and interface with Internal/External Auditors and Procedures and Controls Unit
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze a problem and obtain and evaluate information to reach sound conclusions.
What we value
- Excellent client relationship skills
- Experience in managing teams
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Enthusiastic and proactive with the strive to “make things happen”
- Fluency in oral and written English is required
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- A University Degree in banking/finance or related field. A business-related degree or accountancy qualification would be an asset
- Minimum 6 years of experience in operations or audit in collective investments, preferably with considerable client interaction.
- ACCA/CIMA would be considered as an advantage
- Flexible working hours (restricted to the current business need)
- No Intra-day deadlines
- Interesting, non-repetitive process
- Possibility to Work From Home
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills training's
- Technical workshops
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.