IFS - Office Management - Hotel Project Lead - Senior Associate - Riyadh
DescriptionAt PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & SummaryThe Travel Hotel team sits within the Office Management and EA function. The team is responsible for executing the day to day activities for hotel bookings and billing.
The Hotel Project Lead is responsible for leading the Travel Hotel project and team which includes creating a centralised hotel booking and billing process and leading the team making the bookings. This includes day to day line management.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Creates / improves a cost effective method for booking and paying for hotels centrally. Initially the role will focus on hotel stay in KSA and UAE but expanding to stay throughout the region over time.
- Understands and takes into account the VAT and other tax implications of where billing takes place.
- Makes effective use of resources in lower cost countries to deliver an excellent service while keeping costs to a minimum.
- Tracks cost savings as a result of the change in booking method.
- Oversees and logs all bookings into the hotel booking tracker.
- Overseas the monthly invoicing process for all booked hotels. Performs the monthly reconciliation of Hotel booking tracker and processes all pending invoices in a timely manner.
- Liaises directly with our preferred hotels to arrange central billing and manage the transition.
- Engages with internal customers to understand their concerns in respect of centralising their bookings and to ensure the process meets their needs.
- Listens to and acts on feedback from key internal and external stakeholders throughout the project.
- Works closely with the EA team responsible for researching and identifying travel options.
- Works closely with the procurement team regarding the procurement and management of all hotel related activities and systems.
- Works closely with the Travel Operation Lead, in particular as centralised hotel bookings become more embedded and part of business as usual.
- Drives communication and implementation of the new processes, identifying ways to address non-compliance and to reduce non-compliance as much as possible.
- Drives excellence in service delivery.
- Provides all necessary reports and analysis to the Travel Operations Manager.
- Day to day interactions with the firm's preferred travel management consultants.
- Enforcement of the firm's travel principles and expense process
- Oversees the hotel audits and raise concerns with the Travel Ops Manager and Procurement team as necessary.
- Looks for ways to improve and automate processes, using the digital tools available
- Builds capabilities within the function, develop leadership skills of direct reports, and ensure that training plans are in place to develop the function’s staff technically and managerially.
- Ensures that the team has the resources and capabilities to deliver assignments efficiently.
- Ensures adherence to policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the continuing professional development of self and junior team members.
- Acts as a key resource and liaison to other functional areas of the business, building cross-functional relationships as needed.
- Establishes a healthy working environment for the team.