SEC Reporting Manager
Finding the right place to grow your career isn’t (over) easy, so we’re here to help by sharing a few reasons why the grass is greener at Vital Farms. We think you’ll appreciate our focus on Conscious Capitalism, which drives business decisions that benefit all our stakeholders (leading to even better business results). You might be drawn to our innovative approach and refusal to settle for the “way things have always been done.” Or you could find it exciting to grow your skills while working for an industry-leading brand. Whether you’re into our values, our brand, or our egg-cellent puns, we hope you’ll join our Crew and help us change the world 108 square feet at a time!
The SEC Reporting Manager reports to the Corporate Controller. They are responsible for external financial reporting to the SEC including 10Q, 10K, and proxy statements. The role will serve as the technical accounting subject matter expert and will keep up to date on various new and existing accounting pronouncements.
What You'll Do
- Manage the timely and accurate preparation of all external financial reports, including those filed with the SEC on Form 10-Q, 10-K, and 8-K, ensuring financial statements are in accordance with GAAP guidelines
- Prepare and manage the quarterly SEC reporting calendar, including coordination with external auditors, executives, finance, legal and investor relations departments
- Consolidation and preparation of the Corporate Financial Statements to include, Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Statement of Cash Flows, footnotes and MD&A
- Prepare and compile supporting documents for all SEC filings, ensuring the process is in compliance with SOX
- Develop and monitor external reporting process, including the review of the Company’s process narratives and policies
- Research new and proposed accounting standards issued by the SEC and FASB, and document technical issues impactful or relevant to the Vital Farms
- Researching, resolving, and documenting complex accounting to include but not limited to stock-based compensation, contingent consideration liabilities, leases, and other non- recurring transactions
- Stay abreast of changes and activities within the Company and industry to ensure their effects are properly reflected the Company’s financial statements
- Partner with cross-functional teams to prepare relevant materials and presentations consistent with SEC filings, including analyst presentations and other materials
- Major participant in quarterly reviews and annual audit of financial statements by external auditors
- Assist in or lead in special financial projects
What You Bring to the Table
- CPA Required
- Minimum of 3 years in public accounting
- Minimum of 5+ years of direct experience with SEC and preparation of financial statements and footnotes of public companies
- Strong US GAAP and SEC regulatory acumen and understanding of financial reporting requirements (including those around 8-Ks, 10-Qs, and 10-Ks)
- Experience researching technical accounting
- Excellent MS Excel and Word skills
- Experience using NetSuite (ERP) beneficial
- Experience using DFIN Active Disclosure or similar platform beneficial
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail: Strive for “Zero Defect” work product
- Curiosity: A drive to continuously learn and improve
- You’re no hero – You know the power of teamwork and celebrate the work of others before your own.
- You give a sh*t – You believe in acting like an owner and making Vital Farms a place to be proud of.
- You raise the standards – You know growth can be hard, but you strive to improve yourself and others each day.
- You can walk in someone else’s boots – You seek to understand other’s viewpoints and think that you get to better answers by sitting on the same side of the table.
- You don’t walk on eggshells – You’re not afraid to leave the bullsh*t behind and have honest conversations.
What’s in it for You
- Be part of a movement to bring ethically produced food to the table
- Work in a Mission-focused environment alongside passionate colleagues
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Companywide bonus program
- Generous retirement contributions
- Free eggs, butter, and ghee, along with friends and family discounts
- Fun team SWAG
- Learning and Development team dedicated to your growth
Vital Farms is a Certified B Corp that sources and markets delicious, high-quality, ethically-sourced egg and dairy products nationwide. We started on a single family-farm in Austin, TX in 2007, with 20 Rhode Island hens and a drive to raise the standards in sustainable agriculture. Today Vital Farms is THE leading producer of pasture raised eggs, partnering with more than 200 family farms, and selling into over 13,000 grocery stores around the country. We believe that a healthy bottom line is the result of healthy business practices, and we care deeply about supporting all our stakeholders. This includes our crew, our consumers, our retailers, and of course our happy hens and contented cows. In short, we exist to improve the lives of people, animals, and our planet through food.
Vital Farms will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.
In order to fulfill Vital Farms mission to “bring ethically produced food to the table,” we seek to build teams that leverage diverse perspectives to create a welcoming and innovative environment that is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunities.
To that end, we make employment decisions based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Vital Farms does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other status protected by law.
Apply for SEC Reporting Manager
Sorry, we are unable to take any personal information from users based in Russia due to local data processing laws. However, please continue to search and apply for other jobs.
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly