Credit Sales Assistant
The Fixed Income Division is comprised of Interest Rate and Currency Products, Credit Products and Distribution. Professionals in the Credit Division assess and actively manage risk, trade securities, and structure as well as execute innovative transactions in the fast-paced and constantly changing global markets.
From the largest global institutions to innovative new hedge funds, investors come to Morgan Stanley for sales, trading, and market-making services in almost every type of financial instruments including stocks, bonds, derivatives, foreign exchange, and commodities. Our professionals provide liquidity and content to clients around the world, actively assessing and managing risk, trading securities, and planning and executing transactions in the fast-changing markets. As the needs of our clients become increasingly complex, we often develop customized solutions.
The Global Markets Group (GMG) is the offshoring arm of Morgan Stanley’s Sales & Trading businesses in India. It covers functions across FID and Institutional Equities Division (IED) ranging from those associated with sales, trading, analytics, strats to risk management.
The role is based in Mumbai and requires working with the Credit Sales Team within the Fixed Income Division. Morgan Stanley is looking for a fast-learning, dynamic, pro-active and self-motivated candidate to assist the team in all client related activities such as onboarding processes, trade bookings and EV computation, as detailed below:
Core responsibilities of this role include –
- Blottering voice and electronic loan, CDS and bond trades on behalf of sales
- Booking Bonds, CDS and loans in sales booking systems, which includes booking:
- New trades, step-ins & unwinds
- Cleared trades & Bi-lateral trades
- Single name, index, options, TRS, Tranches and list trades & Skew’s
- Monitoring allocations for both platform and voice trades
- Following up with Credit, CPM & PB to strive and ensure all trades are allocated on Trade date
- Reconciling Loan trades and sending recaps via LMS
- Monitoring ICELINK and DTCC for client alleges for CDS trades for unwinds and novations
- Closely work with both the sales coverage teams across the Credit products as well as their respective client base as a single point of contact to manage processes of related activities
- Enabling clients for research access
- Enabling clients to trade on the platform with us via Bloomberg, Tradeweb & MarketAxess
- Booking Bulk EV in SCOT for Primary loan deals
- Account opening
- Attending the weekly ISD prioritization list meeting with the ISDA negotiators and COO’s
- Putting together all info needed for client selection committee
- Account openings for Bonds, LOANS & CDS
- ISDA’s, CSA’s, PRIMO, CDEA’s and Designation Notices
We are looking for a confident and outgoing person, who has exceptional attention to detail and is proactive in taking initiative.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant subject i.e. Finance, Economics, Mathematics or science-based disciplines
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken)
- Excellent communication skills for written and verbal.
- Proactive in both team work and independent environments.
- Working knowledge of computer applications, particularly Excel (i.e. macros), Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong familiarity with databases, and the ability to manipulate/analyze data confidently.
- A background experience/exposure in financial markets is highly desirable.
- Concise and accurate approach to multi-tasking and working under pressure.
- Ability to demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.