Statutory Reporting Senior Manager – Global Compliance & Reporting - EMEIA Tax Center
Statutory Reporting Senior Manager – Global Compliance & Reporting - EMEIA Tax Center - Open to flexible working
The GCR team is part of EY’s EMEIA Tax Center (ETC). The ETC is unique to EY: we are the only Big 4 professional services firm with a dedicated center of excellence focused on delivering exceptional client service across borders. Our 570+ talented ETC professionals are based in 21 countries across Europe, the Middle East, India and Africa (EMEIA), and work with clients across the area, regardless of our location or theirs. We provide specialist tax, business and technology expertise to address clients’ most pressing challenges in an exciting, dynamic tax and business environment, through a broad range of innovative service offerings.
The GCR team comprises over 225 dynamic individuals spread across 13 countries and more than 20 offices. We have specialist tax and finance skill sets spanning the areas of Statutory Reporting, Service Management, Direct Tax Compliance & Reporting, Indirect Tax, Finance Operate, Funds Tax Management, and Payroll. We focus on supporting our clients in managing their compliance and reporting requirements, centrally and locally, and delivering on their transformation agendas. We are a team which embraces diversity and inclusion with a mix of cultures, nationalities and backgrounds. We believe this makes us perfectly suited to the global environment in which we work.
Our Statutory Reporting professionals are involved in preparation of required statutory financial statements or other financial information. Our Statutory Reporting teams combine a blend of central and country expertise to prepare globally consistent group to local GAAP bridging packs and to deliver a consistent and standardized financial statement preparation process.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Manager to join the ETC’s Statutory Reporting team to lead engagements with Global Clients in a multi country Statutory Reporting compliance capacity. The Statutory Reporting process will involve data gathering and validation, through to GAAP bridging and support in the preparation of Statutory Financial Statements. You will have the opportunity to develop relationships with key accounts and will be responsible for seeking process improvement opportunities for established clients, in addition to implementing services for new clients.
Your key responsibilities
- You will be leading pursuits and be the primary point of contact for our Global Clients, responsible for the design, implementation and governance of a globally consistent, standardised and centrally driven financial statement preparation process. Coordinating the global statutory reporting compliance for our Global Clients and reviewing the activities that are performed in the ETC and EY local offices.
- Providing detailed insight in the Group GAAP to Local GAAP reconciliation to group management, you will be liaising with the Client Global Process Owners on the statutory processes and continuous improvement opportunities.
- You will also be developing, implementing and managing new client strategic processes, as well as coaching and developing the team of junior and senior accountants.
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong project management skills;
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills;
- An ability to distill complex concepts into simple messages;
- Excellent communication skills in Business English and experience working with multi-country teams.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- IFRS and/ or US-GAAP knowledge;
- Extensive professional experience in audit/accounting ideally working with global clients;
- Masters degree in Economics or Accounting or equivalent;
- Extensive knowledge of (US) GAAP and IFRS;
- Track record of managing teams.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Qualified chartered accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, KIBR);
- GAAP bridging experience is an asset;
- Understanding and experience working with various ERP reporting solutions;
- Experience coaching and developing junior staff;
- Experience at an international level.
What we look for
We are looking for an experienced Senior Manager within audit/ accounting with a proven track record of working on financial statements in accordance with Local GAAP, IFRS and/ or US-GAAP and experience working within a global environment.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.