Deals, Strategy - Delivering Deal Value - Senior Manager - Dubai
DescriptionAt PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & SummaryPwC Global Overview
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 223,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
PwC Middle East Overview
Established in the region for over 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,000 people across 12 countries: Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Palestine and the United Arab Emirates. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market, and beyond.
PwC Deals Overview
We help organisations execute successful deals and create value through mergers, acquisitions, disposals and restructuring. We work with clients to develop the right strategy before the deal, identify issues and points of negotiation and value and implement change to deliver synergies, growth strategies and profit improvements post acquisition. Deals are an opportunity – for faster growth, stronger capabilities and dramatic transformation. Harnessing this potential requires foresight that only comes from a deep fluency in deals, coupled with data-driven insights that help you make decisions confidently. Doing deals requires speed, flexibility to react, experience and confidence.Exactly what you get when you work with PwC.
Deals Strategy & Operations Overview
As businesses grow and become more complex, they navigate complicated transactions. Our growing Deals Strategy & Operations (DS&O) practice helps executives achieve strategic growth objectives for their organizations by driving informed and empowered acquisition, divestiture and reorganization decisions. Our deals professionals help companies across the deal continuum developing the right strategy, identifying issues and points of negotiation and value, executing the deal seamlessly, and implementing changes to deliver synergies and improvements post integration. In summary our business unit takes strategy to execution to create value to shareholders.
Our Deals Strategy & Operations team offers strategic advice to a broad range of investors including the leading private equity houses, family offices, major banks, and companies undertaking mergers and acquisitions or investment opportunities. We deliver deep commercial and operational insights into the attractiveness of a transaction, helping clients think through investment/divestment decisions about businesses. We advise our clients on critical operational and transformational challenges around Merger and Acquisition (M&A) activity that are focus on deal value (EBITDA) driven initiatives. We also evaluate business plans and company strategies against market performance and competitor strength, to deliver a rigorous appraisal of a business’ commercial and operational outlook.
The Delivering Deal Value (DDV) team is part of the DS&O business unit. Our fast growing practice is looking to double the team in the next 12 to 18 months. It focuses on providing support for potential, actual transactions and assists clients in all operational integration aspects of the transaction, pre and post completion, including: Buy side operational, integration due diligence; Synergy development and review; Sell-side due diligence; Carve-out;Turnaround; Taking control and 100 day planning; Value creation plan; Mergers & Acquisitions Integration; Post-acquisition performance improvement.
As part of the transaction process, the DDV team develops a rapid understanding of the target, client business in order to quickly assimilate the key operational issues, synergies, risks and value upsides around a transaction. We report our findings real time to our clients but, typically, we will also produce clear, written reports articulating our findings for any purchaser or vendor. We may then be involved in helping our clients with the post deal
implementation, advising on synergies, cost reduction and sales growth opportunities, implementation plans and programme management. We deal directly with client’s CEO and other C-suite as well as top senior management.
As a Senior Manager within the DDV team, your responsibilities will include:
- Leading the successful delivery of projects, which can include multiple projects at a time, and driving the key hypotheses of the team.
- Be the main point of contact for our clients to build relationships and with the project manager for day-to- day activities.
- Framing and understanding key client issues, client processes and mandate, defining realistic expectations for the client, team, and PwC.
- Project budgeting and finance management, along with coaching and resource management on a portfolio of clients.
- Managing client expectations and ensuring that the scope of work, as agreed upon within the contract, is completed to PwC’s standards of excellence.
- Building long lasting relationships with internal and external stakeholders in order to identify value add opportunities for existing and potential clients.
- Developing value propositions for the clients by anticipating their future needs and the competitor landscape.
- Seeking opportunities to sell add on and new work with the DDV team or with the wider PwC firm. Senior Manager are expected to generate revenues based on their own business development activities.
- Ensuring that the client engagement is carried out by the team in a manner which adheres to the risk and quality guidelines of the firm.
- Contributing to the wider business unit through knowledge sharing, recruitment, mentoring, training and other activities.
- Keeping up to date with current trends, from the region and from across the world, and understanding how these impact our clients.
- Whilst working in the Delivering Deal Value team you will develop your understanding of the key themes in the market and in the region. You will work collaboratively with other Deals experts to shape the future of our clients and to bring about positive change. You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network.
- Developing strong internal network across the Middle East practice and globally to identify and support business development activities and identify subject matter experts across key sectors.
- Identifying opportunities for efficiencies within the firm and take action to implement them.
- Develop at least 1-2 deep sector knowledge in the region and leverage PwC global sector expertise to support business development activities.
- Significant experience of more than 8 years in in strategy, business transformation and/or operational consulting from either a pure strategy consulting firm, Big 4 firm, or experience in the strategy or operations department in a corporate environment.
- Candidates should be familiar with the overall M&A process. Experience in the execution and program management of post-merger integrations / carve outs ranging from large scale acquisitions and disposals to smaller scale transactions will be an advantage.
- Demonstrates proven extensive knowledge and success in managerial roles providing transaction-related services such as operational due diligence, post-merger integration, carve-out or operational turnaround to large company and private equity fund clients.
- Demonstrates ability to build relationships with clients and teams.
- Commercial exposure in negotiation and consultation directly with clients.
- Proven experience of coaching junior team members.
- Evidence of contributing to the wider team and leading on successful business development opportunities.
- The ability to build collaborative working relationships at all levels, establishing credibility both internally and externally.
- Strong problem-solving and organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise workload whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines in a fast pace deals environment.
- Comfort around high level financial analysis and understanding of the key operational drivers.
- Experience in managing project’s budget and profit.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven IT skills in the following programmes Microsoft office.
- Language Skills: Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Fluent in English. Multilingual Arabic and or French speaker is a plus.
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East where the project dictates.
- Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Engineering, Economics, Science, Mathematics or other relevant field, from a top-tier university;
- Degree Preferred: Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, Engineering, Economics, Science or other relevant field or an MBA.
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship? Yes
Government Clearance Required? No
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.