Finance Manager - 14 Month Contract
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
About the role;
This is a 14 month contract opportunity. Reporting into the Director of Finance (APAC) as the Finance Manager at Xero you will provide financial and commercial leadership across the Sales and Marketing areas of both the Australian and Asian businesses. You will be the finance point of contact for the management teams across both regions.
As Xero’s next Finance Manager you will bring to the team your commercial accounting experience alongside your ability to influence a varied stakeholder group. You will be self motivated and excited to learn a bunch of new things.
Some key responsibilities include;
- Providing business partner support across the Australia and Asia Sales and Marketing areas
- Aligning with the Global Head of Revenue Operations to assess business revenue drivers
- Giving financial advice on commercial transactions and leveraging the wider finance team as necessary for information and resources
- Providing financial analysis and regular reporting to local management
- Financial input into projects and involvement in these projects were relevant Managing the ongoing Australian and Asian budgeting and forecasting processes
- Overseeing cost control and management in the region
- Oversight over compliance and tax activities
What you'll bring with you;
- Working within a previous senior level accounting role
- Building strong stakeholders relationships both on and offshore with varied finance knowledge and understanding.
- Utilising your strong commercial and financial acumen
- Applying your analytical capabilities
- Planning and administering conflicting tasks with the ability to prioritise and multi-task
- Building upon your strong interpersonal, negotiation and relationship building skills
- Influencing and negotiating with senior stakeholders and leadership teams on a local and remote basis
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package including shares plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. So, from the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.
For more information, and to apply, please visit our website via the apply button below.