Robert Half Finance is helping a renowned services company find an ambitious candidate to fill the role of a Controller. The leadership position is responsible for an accounting and clerical department. As the Controller, you will be planning and directing all accounting operational functions, handling the accumulation and consolidation of financial data for internal and external financial statements, evaluating accounting and internal control systems, and leading departmental staff. Working with this company, you will receive competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package, as well as strong career growth. We are seeking an individual for this role who is able to motivate others by maintaining a positive professional attitude; exhibit integrity, reliability and leadership; and is capable of providing exceptional client services by managing self and others by responding with a sense of urgency, practicality and accountability. Additionally, you will handle key decisions and challenge, negotiate and influence the team. As a part of the leadership team, you will lead the generation of innovative ideas that are sound and progressive, challenge the status quo, and foster creativity throughout your area of responsibility. The full–time Controller position is situated in the Lewisville, Texas area.
– Meet client expectations by reviewing deliverables of self and team to make sure they meet client satisfaction
– Oversee the activities of the finance department, such as accounts payable, billings & collections, and payroll
– Evaluate, implement and streamline policies, procedures, controls and most methodologies
– Manage the production of and monthly monitoring of the annual budget and forecasts
– Research, prepare and execute Finance Department initiatives such as software and systems implementation and other departmental or firm–wide improvements, as required
– Work closely with executive team and partners to facilitate efficient and effective firm–wide operation
– Each month, present executive committee and partners with financial reports
– Flexible in completing tasks beyond formal job responsibilities
– Ensure timely cash collection by driving the timing for monthly billing and other cash management techniques
– Manage daily cash and prepare cash–flow reports, projecting cash needs at weekly and monthly intervals
– Complete month–end and year–end close of income statement and balance sheet, reconcile accounts, and handle G/L analysis
If interested, please email resume to
– Progressive accounting experience, including as a Controller preferred
– Prior work done in public accounting is desired
– Able to build and deliver effective presentations to audiences with wide–ranging backgrounds
– CPA/MBA preferred
– Dedication and requisite skills to meet critical business deadlines
– Attention to detail and ability to follow standard procedures is a requirement
– BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other business related field
– Prior work in technology, analytics and management experience desired
– Microsoft Excel experience
– Demonstrated analytical abilities, tendency to quickly connect dots and surmise logical outcomes
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Ability to work well in matrix organization and dealing with ambiguity
– Self–starter with efficient time management and organizational skills
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled finance and accounting professionals in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full–time basis. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities – fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE's "Most Admired Companies" list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local office at or visit to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
?? 2020 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.