Director - Product Control - TCM
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm’s books and records and by contributing to firm wide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley’s various industry and government regulators and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley’s various businesses and its senior management team.
Liquidity, Investments & Funding Controllers (LIFC) are responsible for controlling and providing business support for the funding arms of the Firm and is part of the Global Corporate Controllers (GCC) Finance organization.
A Director opportunity exists in the said space to lead the team of Treasury Capital Market (TCM) controllers, reporting into the Mumbai LIFC VP for Cash & TCM Controllers.
- Daily reporting of the Treasury P&L for a wide variety of Treasury managed products for EMEA, Non-Japan Asia and Japan regions. Reconciliation and review of said Treasury Daily P&L, including commentary on the drivers.
- Coordination with global counterparts and other controllers to validate daily reported P&L. Validation of any currency exposure arising from daily P&L movements
- Prepare weekly balance sheet reporting; provide ad hoc support for TCM reporting and analytics team for production related inquiry.
- Provide ongoing TCM account maintenance and support
- Prepare month-end reconciliations; ensure book agrees to sub-ledger supports; sign off as month end preparer.
- Prepare monthly commentary on balance sheet movement
- Interaction with Operations, IT, and other key finance groups (Management Reporting, Balance Sheet Reporting, etc.); frequent interaction with global Treasury Capital Markets controller teams as needed
- Ad-hoc projects that involve collaboration with Corporate Treasury, IT, and Controllers (Treasury & BU) globally to optimize efficiency by improving systems and processes
- Run the TCM team, including implementation of key initiatives, people management (being responsible for the career trajectories of team members) and work with the Mumbai LIFC VP (Cash & TCM) lead in strategic decision making.
- Help junior Directors to ensure appropriate work allocation between and within the teams.
- Developing a strong working relationship with key stakeholders across the business to ensure timely resolution of issues
- Working with the stakeholders to ensure the teams are operating at the agreed upon target operating models.
- Support direct manager for driving efficiencies and reducing manual processes.
This is not an exhaustive list of tasks, and responsibilities may change in line with the team and business needsQualifications
- Strong academic background including a Graduation in Commerce and a preferred post-graduation degree in core finance.
- Excellent communication skills with an analytical mind set and good problem solving skills
- Risk aware and good guardianship skills, with the ability not only to operate but to challenge the operating effectiveness of existing controls and make suggestions for improvement.
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Finance Specialization, including advanced understanding of financial product as well as valuations.
- Preferred 7-10 years relevant financial experience (product control)
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.