The Research Analyst role mainly supports the Investment Banking business within the firm and involves working with market data sources to acquire, retrieve, and organize business information on companies, markets, industries, economies, investment vehicles or individuals.
Essential to the role is the ability to deliver high quality targeted results in a timely, cost effective and efficient manner. The Research Analyst should grow their knowledge and skill base such that they are able to handle all levels of work from basic to complex.
This job description outlines the key goals of this role. In an ever-changing commercial environment. This role and its responsibilities will evolve in line with the needs and demands of the business and it is the responsibility of each individual to ensure that they seek development opportunities in partnership and with the support of their line managerKnowledge and skills:
- Proficient in English language with excellent oral, written and grammar communication skills
- General understanding of the financial sector, investment banking industry and terminology would be an asset
- Working knowledge of MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) and Internet search engines
- Self-starter, able to learn and develop with proficiency, increase expertise and apply knowledge independently as well as work as part of a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize and thrive under pressure
- Possess strong accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to think creatively and critically
- Handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
- Progress through the departments learning and skill development phases.
- Undertaking research requests in a timely, accurate and value add manner, demonstrating high knowledge in selecting the most appropriate sources as well as best means of delivery.
- Liaising closely with internal clients to deliver their requirements, ensuring good understanding of the information and data being requested.
- Professional communication skills both with customer and team members. Can demonstrate client focus, as well as acting role model to more junior researchers.
- Encouraging and seeking feedback to ensure standards are being maintained.
- Ownership of career development utilizing the wide range of Global Corporate Finance Operations (GCFO) and firm-wide training & development courses and programs aimed at enhancing soft and hard skills. GCFO actively encourages staff to utilize all opportunities for self-development
- Graduate/Post Graduate in any discipline
- Previous experience in a similar environment is preferred
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.