Qualifications Technical Adviser (Advanced Audit and Assurance)
ACCA is the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants. We're the world's most forward-thinking professional accountancy body. Since we were founded in 1904, we have expanded to over 1500 staff in 50+ countries, meaning we’re a truly global organisation. Our people enjoy a working environment that is dynamic, human and connected, and have a strong focus on creating value for our students and members.
We’re currently looking for a Qualifications Technical Adviser (Advanced Audit and Assurance) on a full time, permanent basis. This position sits within the ACCA Qualification department. It can be based from home or in either of our London or Glasgow offices.
This is a new role to complement the existing team and has been created to support the increase in exam sessions and session-based CBEs, in addition to ACCA’s response to the COVID pandemic and the need for different methods of assessment.
On a day to day basis, you’ll be involved in the following:
- Leading the quality assurance and standard setting of the content and style of the examinations for advanced audit and assurance (AAA)
- Reviewing psychometric analysis of exam question performance and providing feedback to ensure robust and fair results
- Being a technical source of expertise for ACCA in matters relating to audit and assurance exams
- Developing new syllabi content for ACCA through showing continual awareness of changes influencing the profession
- Selecting and managing suitable examining team members and contributing to the training of, and feedback to them
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has a professional accountancy qualification, or equivalent, obtained mainly with good first time passes
- Has a strong academic background, including good class of degree
- Has an excellent technical understanding of the audit and assurance syllabus subject, at all levels of the ACCA Qualification but in particular, AAA
- Has experience of working in an educational environment with a clear understanding of the levels at which each exam is set
- Has the ability to balance multiple exams across a session with CBE provision to ensure that all are at the same standard
- Has excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships with colleagues and external contacts including those working at partner level in accounting practice or professors in academia
And in working with us, you’ll enjoy:
- Core benefits including private healthcare, pension, life assurance, employee assistance programme and Nudge (a financial wellbeing platform)
- Customisable benefits including health assessments, healthcare cash plan, dental cover, gadget insurance and much, much more
- Flexible working arrangements to support work/life balance (our UK offices are currently closed until 2021 so we're all working 100% remotely)
Interested in this role? Click Apply visit our website.