Payroll Administrator, I
The Finance Shared Services (FSS) covers departments of Payroll, Accounts Receivable (AR), Accounts Payable (AP), General Ledger (GL), Treasury, Supplier Master Data (SMD) and Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A). From Brno, FSS provides services to Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. Payroll Administrator I is responsible for all payroll related processing including statutory tax filings and associated general ledger entries. This position analyzes and resolves discrepancies and ensures that internal payroll policies and procedures are consistently followed. This role interfaces with individuals at all levels of the organization. There is a requirement for considerable communication with the HR Services Team and the HR Managers on issues relating to payroll and benefits and with other finance team members including Treasury and General Ledger. The Payroll Administrator will be in regular contact with the payroll providers and external payroll related authorities.
Collate and review monthly payroll data for allocated payrolls for the region and liaise with payroll
- Liaise with employees, HR Managers, HR Services and payroll providers over any payroll issues, escalating as necessary.
- Review payroll output from payroll providers and organize payments to employees.
- Manage and pay tax, social security and any benefit payments and ensure all external reporting is produced accurately and in a timely manner.
- Journal preparation, monthly reconciliations and tax year end preparation.
- Make sure the Zebra Payroll process and procedures are followed and in compliance with the payroll controls.
- Provide cover for other payroll team members when required.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of any statutory or legal changes that affect payroll for
- allocated countries (through on-line and written resources, attending seminars as needed).
- Maintain strict confidentiality of payroll records.
- Ensure accurate and timely employee payroll data including attendance and vacation records.
- University degree (or secondary school degree) in Finance
Required Work Experience:
- Some experience is preferred but not required
Key Skills and Competencies:
- International payroll experience is strongly preferred
- Ability to learn quickly and to gather the basic knowledge of statutory payroll laws and payroll accounting practices.
- Ability to work independently to meet all payroll deadlines.
- Highly organized, detail minded, and able to analyze complex payroll transactions.
- Ability to communicate effectively both oral and written with a customer service approach.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Ability to resolve issues in a quick and proper manner
- Critical thinking and continuous improvement mindset
- Advanced level of English (both written and spoken), communication over the
- phone/email in English is required; demonstrate the ability to discuss the payroll issues in English.
- Advanced MS Excel skills required.
- Knowledge of Oracle HCM is preferred but not required.
- 5 weeks of vacation, 5 sick days and 2 volunteer days paid off
- Multisport card with 75% covered by Zebra
- Training and personal development in soft skills and hard skills, access to our internal learning portal at all times and also internal career opportunities among Zebra departments (job rotation and guest programs)
- Free language courses
- Benefit plus card with cafeteria system
- Annual bonuses based on financial results
- Yearly salary increase according to individual performance
- Free beverages and fruit days (coffee, tea, milk available in our kitchenette)
- Meal contribution
- Life & Pension insurance contribution
- Company preschool (in Czech or in English)
- Discount at our partners (T-Mobile, Banks, HP, Dell, Microsoft Office)
Zebra is a US business that has been established for 50 years and sells innovative technology solutions within barcode and product identification. That means RFID, barcode scanners, printers, data analytics, and software. We employ over 7,000 people across 100 locations in 50 countries.
Our solutions are used by BMW, Amazon, DHL, Tesco’s and numerous hospitals around the world and even the NFL!
Zebra in Brno was awarded as a TOP employer of the year 2018 in Jihomoravsky kraj and also ABSL Diamonds Awards 2019 for Employee Value.
For more information and to apply, please visit our website via the apply button below.