A fantastic opportunity for a finance assistant to join this fantastic organisation based in Dover.
My client is a great organisation to work for in a robust sector.
The core responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide first line support to the Finance Assistants.
- Provide support and assistance to the Finance Director.
- Assist with the implementation and ongoing progress of the Trust's financial procedures and systems.
- Assist with the preparation of the draft annual budget and financial plans.
- Maintain the Trust's accounting systems.
- Assist with the monitoring of monthly income and expenditure
- Maintain credit card control account and ensure appropriate use of the Trust's bank accounts.
- Process purchase and sales ledger requirements ensuring correct financial control is applied.
- Reconcile balance sheet items including accruals/prepayments schedule.
- Deal with VAT returns and liabilities.
- Provide budget holders with regular reports.
- Maintain Trust contracts register.
- Responsible for adherence to financial regulations and audit requirements.
The successful candidate will:
- Have excellent communication skills
- Ideally be studying towards a professional accounting qualification at either AAT level 3 or above
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Be IT literate- and proficient in the use of Excel
A competitive salary package.