Enterprise Technology Risk Manager (m/f/d), Vice President
Who we are looking for
With immediate effect we are looking for an experienced Risk Manager for our Enterprise Technology Risk Management (ETRM) team in Munich. The ETRM department is responsible for the identification, analysis, and management of technology risk at both the corporate-level, regional-level and in partnership with the business units in support of their activities. In this role, the Risk Manager will be part of ETRM EMEA and assigned primarily the State Street Bank International (SSBI) legal entities in Europe in technology risk management. The role will be based in Munich but will require some travel within Europe. You will have a direct reporting line to the Head of ETRM EMEA.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Enterprise Technology Risk Manager you will be
- Driving effective implementation and communication of all ETRM policies and guidelines
- Establishing local policies and guidelines (as required) to meet regulatory requirements; communicating with regulators on the IT risk program as required
- Providing direction, support and oversight with respect to management of security and technology risks of core systems and applications incl. IT risk management consulting to the business, technical and operations groups
- Developing an understanding of the organization’s strategy, critical success factors, risk profile, and potential security or technology exposures
- Providing increased transparency and visibility to critical IT risks and prioritize remediation initiatives and related funding needs
- Proactively identifying potential risk exposures within new technology solutions being designed and implemented and partnering with Technology and Application Development teams and Corporate Security groups to implement appropriate solutions to mitigate exposure
- Overseeing risk and vulnerability assessments of the business systems and applications and facilitate compliance/control reviews and associated remediation efforts
- Utilizing available risk management tools in conjunction with other environmental changes to proactively monitor the technology control environment and identify and address potential weaknesses and/or gaps in a timely manner
- Keeping abreast of new products, services, technologies, and applications as well as their respective impact on the organization’s risk profile
- Participating in due diligence efforts for new clients, vendors and M&A activity as needed
- Assisting business lines in implementing effective technology risk management best practices by developing and establishing continuous risk identification, measurement, management, control, and reporting
- Providing ongoing assessment of the technology risk profile through regular status reporting of risk issues and initiatives
- Developing effective technology risk reporting and other communication channels to ensure timely escalation of significant risk issues
- Serving as liaison with other risk disciplines, internal departments, regulators, and other external parties
- Acting as subject matter expert in technology risk, controls, compliance, and information security best practices
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Experienced in successfully working for an international organization
- Strong interpersonal, management, negotiation, and presentation skills
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Successfully completed Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in technology; Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC) or other risk methodology certification is desired
- Around five or more years of experience in IT infrastructure, application development and/or security
- Experience working in IT or risk management for custody, accounting, investment research and trading or investment analytics
- Background in Financial Services information security and/or technology risk management
- Strong consulting background in IT/Information Security is desired
What we offer
- Flexible working time
- Depending on the role work from home days might be possible
- Pension plan offering
- Wellbeing and health programs
- Group accident insurance
- Mentoring program
- Free German and English language classes
- Personal development possibilities and extensive web based training catalogue
- Global Inclusion, Global Outreach and Corporate Citizenship programs incl. volunteer work
- Dynamic, diverse, international, and multicultural working environment with English company language
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.