GL accountant - Vilnius, Lithuania
DANA Incorporated is a global leader in drivetrain and e-Propulsion systems. Dana employs more than 36,000 people who are committed to delivering long-term value to customers. Based in Maumee, Ohio, USA, and with locations in 34 countries across six continents, the company reported sales of $8.1 billion in 2018. Having established a dynamic, high-performance culture, the company has been recognized globally as a top employer, with significant honors in Asia, India, Italy, Mexico, and the United States.
In 2019, Dana opened Finance Shared Services Center in Lithuania, Vilnius to support plants in Europe. We are expanding and looking for a great minds to join our growing finance organization.
THE ACCOUNTANT FOR GENERAL LEDGER ensures timely, accurate and compliant service delivery for all General Ledger transactions in accordance with performance and quality standards defined in relevant service level agreements.
• Supports the day to day General Ledger/ operations for the following process areas: initiate/requests for new / changes of GL accounts or other GL master data according to defined work procedures, perform manual General Ledger postings as defined within the activity split, perform monitoring and clearing of accounts according to defined work procedures, support closing, review the results and followup with business, perform closing activities, support reporting activities incl. Fixed Assets, support Audit and Control, support Investment process for Fixed Assets, manage the transfer, disposal, change and sale of assets
• Ensure the understanding and compliant service delivery across Dana Inc. of agreed policies and procedures.
• Understand and complies with service level agreements and key performance indicators for General Ledger/Closing related processes.
• Contribute to the continuous maintenance and the update of General Ledger/Closing process activities and procedures
• Assists the implementation of initiatives for improving the efficiency and/or effectiveness of the General Ledger/Closing transaction processing.
• 2-6 years of experience in Finance/Accounting operations, preferably in a Service Center environment, with a thorough knowledge of Accounting and business processes including interfaces, as well as related IT systems (e.g. SAP and Oracle)
• Some experience in General Ledger/Closing processes in a complex and international business environment of advantage • Knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS, local tax and accounting laws • Basic knowledge of Finance and Accounting end-to-end processes
• Work experience with ERP, BW and typical other IT-tools as a plus • Self-disciplined with ability to work independently and under stress and pressure
• Acts as a role model by being a strong team-player • Ability to adapt to new culture and people
• Strong service orientation: strong commitment to customer orientation and understanding of customer needs and market trends
• Strong communication skills and positive attitude
• Business proficient English
A People-Powered Organization
Our organization is built on a solid foundation of four pillars. We believe in being a good corporate citizen, continuous improvement, open communication, and honesty and integrity. Our foundational values support our vision and mission and drive our actions to remain a global leader in the supply of highly engineered driveline, sealing, and thermal-management technologies.