MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Controller will be detail–oriented individual who will oversee the company's financial records and accounting personnel. You will be responsible for maintaining all procedures and controls related to the company's financial accounts, but not limited to the following:
fast growing multi–specialty medical group focused on improving the healthcare experience for patients.
- Oversee account reconciliations, KPI's and closing activities ensuring high quality and timely delivery of financial information Closely partner with the Compliance team to ensure compliance related initiatives impacting Finance are implemented Own the balance sheets for accounting related areas.
- Establish and own review processes to monitor the balance sheet ensuring timely identification of issues and resolution.
- Research and resolution of technical accounting issues
- Financial statement analysis to provide in depth understanding of business units; create recommendations to promote efficiency, cost effective procedures, and improved profitability.
- Propose and implement solutions to support cost reduction and reporting enhancement. Provide labor management support to operational teams.
- Oversee year–end audit, work with external auditors Preparation of annual financial statements and related footnote disclosures.
- Prepare reports that summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations.
- Oversee accounts payable, payroll, accounts receivable, procurement departments and lease management.
- Directly supervises finance team (7 employees) and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Enhance internal control procedures and documentation over financial reporting Maintain compliance with government agencies
- BS in Finance, Accounting, or Economics
- Advanced degree in Accounting
- CPA or CMA required
- Healthcare experience required (Medical Group preferred)
- 5+ years' experience in senior level accounting role
- Ability to own month end, quarter end, and year end close
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Competitive base salry
- Health benefits (health, dental, vision)
- Room for growth