LdAnlyst, Fin Plan&Analy
The Lead analyst – FP&A provides business, financial, and/or systems analysis and reporting support for Finance Record to Report and Inform to Manage Processes. S/he expected to deliver moderately complex analytics and reporting support for their assigned corporate, line of business, sector, shared service, region, country, or legal entity team. S/he plays an integral role providing support for the development of period end commentary, variance analyses, and reporting; supporting KPI metrics tracking and scorecard reporting, providing capital planning, project planning, and budget management support, in addition to a wide range of planned periodic and unplanned delivery to ad hoc requests as assigned.
The individual in this role will work independently to accomplish his/her own assigned workload and collaboratively with other members of his/ her Finance or cross functional team in compliance with the approved process standards at the agreed service levels committed to in the Mutual Service Agreements
- To contribute to or perform analysis of moderately complex financial transactions, budgeting, forecasting, planning, reporting, general ledger accounts, operating performance, profitability, and industry/competitor outcomes and trends
- S/he may provide analytical support to more complex activities such as audits; and the fulfillment of moderately complex ad hoc requests and special projects as assigned
- In addition to ad hoc requests and special project assignments, the Analyst might be called on to perform moderately complex analyses of: - financial performance, e.g. actual revenues and expenses vs. forecasted/planned revenues and expenses - decision support for a prospective business opportunity or new product offerings - competitive performance, e.g. key performance indicators for BNYM as compared to its competition - profitability analysis of products offered and customers served - comparative analytics, period to period - variances in connection with the close
Bachelor Degree in a financial discipline such as accounting, finance, statistics, computer science or economics. Preferred degree is a MBA
Skills & Experience
- 8 plus years of experience in accounting or finance.
- Preferred experience would include 5+ years of experience in budgeting, planning, forecasting, financial analysis and modeling
- Superb communication skills - Strong written and oral communications skills
- Advanced Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.