Associate / Director - Legal Entity Control
The Financial Control Group (FCG) is responsible for overseeing the accounting and financial reporting for the firm. FCG prepares external financial reports for public filings and regulators. For internal reporting, FCG, along with Financial Planning and Analysis (FPA), summarizes, plans and forecasts the organization’s financial position, including income statements, balance sheets, and analyses of future revenues, expenses and earnings. FCG is comprised of Business Unit Controllers, Infrastructure Controllers, Accounting, Regulatory and Reporting groups, and Valuation Review.
The Legal Entity Controllers group is responsible for the accounting, reporting and oversight of Morgan Stanley’s core legal entities. The groups’ responsibilities include, but are not limited to, preparation of financial statements, federal regulatory filings, monthly closing of Firm’s books and records, analytics, entity- specifics accounting policy, legal entity maintenance, account reconciliation and account structure maintenance.
The team is involved in overseeing the preparation of timely, relevant and value added information on entities and presenting this to senior management, both local and functional, including:
- Ownership of operating legal entity as Legal entity Controller
- Monthly Balance Sheet and P&L preparation and review. Preparing detailed variance analysis
- Month end process including accruals, reconciliations (Intercompany, Bank, control accounts), Transfer pricing calculations, booking of GAAP adjustments
- Preparation and Review of statutory financial statements
- Review of management accounts and variance analysis
- Validation of US Federal Reserve entity level reporting
- Co-ordination of all legal entity activity, with key internal experts such as tax, legal etc.
- Tax Compliance
- Supporting the Business Units in the setup, opening & closing of entities and adapting the entity’s ledgers and system requirements.
Responsible for maintaining key stakeholder relationships both internally and externally including: external auditors, Product Control, Company Secretarial and Tax.
- Professional accountancy qualification (CA/CPA) necessary, with relevant experience.
- Candidates should possess excellent Microsoft Excel skills and be proficient in data mining and summarizing and presenting themes and results in a meaningful format.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Solid analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to coordinate, prioritize and manage multiple activities.
- Be confident in maintaining relationships across a variety of senior stakeholders and business areas.
- Ability to manage team work load effectively and balance project, BAU delivery.
- Have the flexibility required to work in a dynamic environment under tight deadlines.
- The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate a rounded commercial approach to legal entity controllership and analysis, with proven skills in insightful management reporting, analysis and sound technical accounting skills
- IFRS and /or USGAAP knowledge an advantage
- Knowledge of financial products which are used in the financial services industry, such as derivatives, securities lending and repos would be preferred.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.