Associate Director, Financial Operations
About MUFG Investor Services
MUFG Investor Services provides asset servicing solutions to the global investment management industry. Leveraging the financial and intellectual capital of MUFG – one of the largest banks in the world with $2.8 trillion in assets – we provide clients access to a range of leading solutions from fund administration, middle-office outsourcing, custody, foreign exchange, trustee services and depository to securities lending and other banking services.
With a diverse and dynamic network of offices across the globe, MUFG Investor Services provides challenging and rewarding careers. We achieve this by offering continuous learning and development, collaborative team work environment, promotion of work-life integration, and exposure to a wide variety of work.
Imagine your future at MUFG Investor Services where you can grow professionally, in a diverse and inclusive workplace that rewards your contribution.
This is a unique opportunity for you to join a dynamic, fast-growing organization. Due to demand for our services, we are looking for an Associate Director, Financial Operations, to join our Finance department in Dublin. Reporting to the Executive Director, Financial Operations, you will focus on overseeing the financial close and reporting for our Investor Services FinTech entity based in Cyprus.
- Oversee the full cycle accounting, financial close and reporting for the Investor Services FinTech business unit. Other jurisdictions or business units may be assigned from time to time.
- Complete month-end close activities, including posting journals, balance sheet reconciliations, and investigation into variances.
- Be the Finance business partner to the management team.
- Prepare and submit parent company quarterly US GAAP, JPY GAAP and Intercompany finance packages
- Support preparation and maintenance of accounting policies & procedures
- Prepare internal and external financial statements
- Monitor regulatory financial indicators and preparing regulatory reports
- Key contact with our auditors
- From time to time other responsibilities may be assigned such as ad hoc reporting and analysis
- Professional accounting designation
- 3 or more years of experience in a finance related role
- Understanding of IFRS or US GAAP and ability to prepare technical accounting memo’s
- Understanding of Japanese or Japanese GAAP is not required, but would be an asset
- Initially work remotely, but able to work out of Dublin office. Also able to travel to Cyprus when travel restrictions are removed.
- High level of proficiency in Excel (pivot tables, vlookup, sum if, etc.) and Word.