Sustainability Manager - Finance
A new role has opened within the Olam Singapore team for a sustainability impact valuation and green finance manager. The incumbent will be responsible to implement Multi Capital Accounting methodologies to evaluate the impact and dependencies on Olam’s Non-financial Capitals. Review any new or current external protocols, standards, policies and frameworks related to Non-financial Capitals. The role will be part Olam’s Finance for Sustainability (F4S) team.
A. SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND KNOWLEDGE:
- CA / a degree in accountancy / accounting
- Minimum 7-10 years of total working experience, at least 5 years' experience in sustainability, impact valuation, green finance, integrated reporting, integrated capitals assessment and climate change.
- Well versed in relevant sustainability guidelines and frameworks (e.g. GRI, SASB, Natural Capital Protocol, SROI Guide, TCFD, Integrated Reporting, Planetary Boundaries) and application of system thinking approach
- Good understanding and knowledge financial statements (P&L, Balance Sheet)
- Strong data analysis, modelling and inference skills
- Strong project ownership, able to contribute innovative approach
- Passion for sustainability and keen to make an impact on ground in Agriculture sector
- Strong influencing and communication skills
B. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform Environmental impact valuation using relevant methodologies and guidance to measure externalities (e.g. Natural Capital Protocol, TEEBAgri, UN System of Environmental Economic Accounting (SEEA))
- Perform Social impact valuation using relevant methodologies and guidance to measure externalities (e.g. Social Capital Protocol, SROI)
- Analyzes non-financial sustainability performance metrics of Business Units and work closely with Corporate Responsible & Sustainability and AtSource
- Utilizes the Multi Capital Accounting analysis to create recommendations that improve business non-financial performance and long-term value
- Activities are focused on alignment and integration of Sustainability & Finance
- Work closely with Olam’s other key business functions such as Finance & HR
- Assist in delivering strategic value to various Business Units and to the Finance function to support the purpose of reimagining agriculture and supply chains
For more information, and to apply, please visit our website via the apply button below.