JOB REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to complete all areas outlined for this position in a satisfactory manner. Listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities necessary to meet the minimum job requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree with a major in accounting. Either an MBA, CPA or CMA Certification is preferred.
A minimum of ten years overall accounting experience with at least two to three years within the manufacturing industry is required. Minimum of three years supervisory experience required. In addition, familiarity with SAP S/4 Hana and Sage 300CRE accounting software is considered a plus.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- Act as the main point of contact between outside accounting firm and bankers and lead the annual audit process.
- Manage the day–to–day operations of the Accounting Department.
- Prepare customer invoices and monthly WIP statement.
- Develop and perform analysis on job cost reports, provide variance to budget explanations, and work with project managers to reforecast projects.
- Manages annual corporate income and franchise tax returns, gross receipts and sales tax returns.
- Responsible for the review and preparation of accruals including job related costs, general and administrative expenses.
- Coordinates the record keeping of all job costs and intercompany transactions.
- Maintains controls over all postings and transactions in the general ledger and all subsidiary ledgers, including journal entries, correcting transactions, reconciling monthly WIP.
- Create and post monthly journal entries.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly financial reporting including Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Statement of Cash Flows, notes and charts.
- Responsible for management of treasury functions including cash management, funding requests, and cash flow projections.
- Establish, implement, and maintain effective accounts receivable processes, procedures and controls.
- Responsible for Sales Tax reporting in all jurisdictions where the company operates.
- Experienced in negotiating insurance and bonding coverage, as well as handling the administration of the company's 401(k) plan.