MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Collaborate with the CFO and CEO of the firm to manage and maintain all process and procedures surrounding the finance and accounting aspects of business. Lead the financial close and main contributor for any related financial strategy meetings as End of Year nears. The role will become permanent in the new year.
Our client is a very well established Real Estate Developer in New York and has been increasing efforts for growth out of the tri–state area. Over the last 18 months they have doubled their assets and have been growing quickly throughout 2020. They cater to the luxury end of Real Estate in all jurisdictions that they operate in.
- Manage all aspects of the established accounting team and making hiring recommendations where necessary.
- Conduct an assessment of current practices, systems and processes and make recommendations for inefficiencies in a centralized accounting environment.
- Responsible for the overall accounting operations and accuracy of the General Ledger including auditing AP, AR, Job Cost Accounting, HOA and Cash Flow Management.
- Directs the monthly trial balance and resulting financial statements, including the income statement, balance sheet and statement of changes in financial condition, along with required supporting schedules and other data necessary for financial reports and records.
- Prepare all related financial budgets, reports and forecasting.
- Maintenance and review of all necessary vendor data and documentation, project related legal and compliance materials, insurance information and monthly commissions.
- Partner with external accountants to prepare annual tax returns
- BA in Accounting or Finance is a must.
- CPA certification is considered a strong plus, however not a requirement for consideration.
- 5–10 years of Accounting and/or Finance experience
- Min 3yrs with Real Estate Accounting experience.
- Yardi software experience preferred
- Senior Leadership experience, supervision of a minimum of 3 direct reports
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Benefits, Medical, Dental, Vision, etc.
- Exposure to Senior Management daily
- 20 days PTO