Assists in the preparation of tax compliance filings for all relevant tax jurisdictions for the Corporation's legal entities, as well as filings related to government required tax accounting disclosures. Identifies and communicates to the Senior Tax Accountant areas for improvement in the processes used by the tax group. Through the return process and training, identifies potential tax issues affecting the Corporation. Assists with general research and analysis as issues arise.
- Assists in the completion of relevant tax filing obligations, as well as filings related to government required tax accounting disclosures. Assists in the gathering of data necessary for audits by governmental tax units, as well as data used in the tax compliance process. Ability to complete assigned tasks within the designated timeframe with good attention to detail.
- Stays abreast of tax legislation changes and brings to the attention of the Senior Tax Accountant(s). Performs general research on tax issues as requested by a Senior Tax Accountant(s).
- Identifies potential process improvements including automation opportunities, and communicates those improvements to the Senior Tax Accountant(s).
- Attends meetings with various internal and external partners, and develops working relationships with those partners. Ability to effectively communicate in both written and verbal forms.
- Gains proficiency in the tax technology software. Identifies issues with the software and assists the Senior Tax Accountant(s) with trouble-shooting.
- Eagerness to learn through on the job training and coaching from a Senior Tax Accountant(s) and Tax Manager(s).
Minimum 2 years tax experience in public accounting or industry setting with exposure to corporate tax concepts. Undergraduate degree in relevant field (accounting, finance, economics) required. MST or other advanced degree a plus. CPA certification a plus. Exposure to tax filing compliance and related concepts. Exposure to calculations and concepts necessary for government required tax accounting disclosures. (An example in the U.S. would be FAS 109 and FIN 48 knowledge and skills.) Experience in performing tax research using various tools. Effective written and verbal communication skills
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.